Windows 10: Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10

Discus and support Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made a DVD ISO. I followed the procedure as described in https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...ndows-8-a.html I arrived at 4. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Henricusjanssen, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10

I made a DVD ISO.

I followed the procedure as described in https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...ndows-8-a.html

I arrived at 4. To Install.......
    For windows7 you will need extract files etc.
    I do not see how. So I did not extract.

I opened the folder Sources.

I opened setup (no .exe in filename)

I get message Copying temperaly files
    I get the message Setup starts

after this nothing happens. I get the layout of the DVD.

Can you help me to solve this.

Thank you.

:)

Henricusjanssen, Aug 3, 2015
  2. gscosta Win User

Dual Boot Change from Windows 8.1 & 7 to Windows 10 & 7

I have a dual boot Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.

(1) Is it possible to have a triple boot Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7?

(2) If not, can I just upgrade the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 to have a dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7? Or do I have to do the normal dual boot set-up?

gscosta, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How do I restore dual boot capability after Windows 10 clean install removed it

My computer was dual-boot with Windows 7 boot partitions on two separate drives. After upgrading to Windows 10, the dual boot provision worked fine. However after a clean install of Windows 10, dual-boot capability is no longer available. The boot partition
    for the remaining Windows 7 syBistem is intact. Only the dual boot option is gone.

I tried the changing the default operating system under System Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery, but the only choice is Windows 10. Windows 7 isn't a option. I'm guessing that the clean Windows 10 install wiped out access to the dual-boot menu.

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10

If you click on "extract the files" it will open another page telling you how to do that.

Mark Phelps, Aug 3, 2015
  5. I did the unzip of the ISO and executed "setup" in "sources".
    The filesize is 260 KB (266,240 bytes).

The same result as before. It exited after a few seconds without any message.

Is it possible that you cannot make a dual boot on an upgrade version?

Harry

IMG_1883.PNG

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]
    Openen
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)][/COLOR]

Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 [​IMG]

[/COLOR]

Henricusjanssen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10

1. Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  3. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  4. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  5. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  6. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

7. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  8. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  9. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  10. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...