Windows 10: Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition

Discus and support Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi so I have had a Windows 10 install on my PC for around 3 years and wanted to try the new Windows 10 insider builds and so I created a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XanderTetley1, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition

Hi so I have had a Windows 10 install on my PC for around 3 years and wanted to try the new Windows 10 insider builds and so I created a separate Windows 10 install on another drive in my PC so it doesn’t conflict with my main Windows 10 install however the new install has overwrote my boot partition on my drive with my main Windows partition and I can’t boot it anymore. Please help I don’t want to lose everything that I have setup on it

:)

XanderTetley1, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition

Partition size for Windows 7 dual boot?

Somewhere I read it should be 16GB... somewhere else I read it should be 10GB... what would you suggest?

Another thing, I never dual booted before so I'm very noob on this - To play all my games on Windows 7 would I have to reinstall them under the new OS? I am assuming so but thought I'd ask just in case.
    If yes... then I'd be needing to make my Windows 7 partition at least 50 or 60GB... (I've got 150GB free HDD space on my desktop).

Thanks for the help *Smile Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition :)

Black Panther, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition

1. Dual boot windows overwrote boot partition - Similar Threads - Dual boot overwrote

2. Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot: I have a dual boot setup, Windows 10 and a Linux distro. There aren't any problems with either OS but my Windows doesn't seem to have a recovery partition. I need to access the command prompt from ASO but ASO only has "Turn off your PC" option.reagentc /info returns:Windows...
  3. I tried dual boot but by mistake I think I overwrote where windows was booted. All the C D...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried dual boot but by mistake I think I overwrote where windows was booted. All the C D...: Is it possible to get the previous data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-dual-boot-but-by-mistake-i-think-i/04d1fda9-dd63-43fc-b2bb-51cba25625a0
  4. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  5. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  6. how to fix dual boot partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix dual boot partition?: I have tried easyBCD to fix, bootrec rebuildbcd, nothing worked and I'm not sure whats going on. can't seem to find this issue on google as well. attached screenshot below: (before anyone says anything, windows 10 exhibits the same behavior and I am simply using this...
  7. merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu: after dual booting win and linıx icant merge two partittions and after this disclaimer it gives this error [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-partitions-after-dual-boot-ubuntu/fd74f858-cb1f-418e-8ad3-b865fa8a4f22
  8. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions: I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro? submitted by /u/AlphaXexia [link] [comments]...
  9. Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up: I am trying to dual boot OSX and Windows 10 on my desktop computer. OSX is fully installed, and I have created Windows 10 install media on a flash drive. I am able to boot into the installer, but when I tell the installer to install in the unallocated space ~250gb, it...
  10. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516