Windows 10: Dual Boot Windows System Crashes Erratically

Discus and support Dual Boot Windows System Crashes Erratically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently dual booted my Acer Swift 3 laptop with Arch Linux and GRUB. Initially the system seemed like a success however since I did this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HectorBrown1, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Dual Boot Windows System Crashes Erratically

Hi all,

I recently dual booted my Acer Swift 3 laptop with Arch Linux and GRUB. Initially the system seemed like a success however since I did this, Windows has been crashing erratically.

The problems vary between the OS freezing and receiving no response from any input, or a regular BSOD, normally referencing some sort of .sys file, frequently Ntfs.sys but often others. These errors range from page fault in nonpaged area to irql not being less than or equal and sometimes just system service stopped.

I have tried automatic repair countless times, I have reinstalled Windows but to no avail. I have little access to the system since I can't often use the desktop for more than 15 seconds without it crashing.

If there are any journals or logs I can access and post here that might be useful, please let me know, I'm not sure where I'd find them.

[EDIT]

Forgot to mention that my Arch install has been running smoothly without any problems, it is just Windows where there is an issue.

Thanks in advance

:)

HectorBrown1, Jan 8, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 8, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jan 8, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Dual Boot Windows System Crashes Erratically

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot Windows System Crashes Erratically

1. Dual Boot Windows System Crashes Erratically - Similar Threads - Dual Boot System

2. windows in black screen with dual boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows in black screen with dual boot system: my dual boot system windows and ubuntu , my ubuntu is worked correctly ,but when i am trying to enter windows , the windows stay in the black screen wiht cursor loading , i tried many of the solutions such as entering safe mode and move the battery and cmos but theyn't solve...
  3. System freezes erratically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freezes erratically: My laptop with windows 10 started freezing unexpectedly and it does not revert till i turn off the laptop by holding the power button. I’ve done resets multiple times and checked if there’s any hardware issues there weren’t any. Technical support have narrowed it down to a...
  4. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  5. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  6. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  7. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  8. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  9. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  10. Dual booting and system imaging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...