Windows 10: Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

Discus and support Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eore, Oct 16, 2020.

1. eore Win User

Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I
    could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot
    up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a prompt.I then have to type exit and it will boot into windows..I would like to
    get it back to normal for him so he can just boot into windows.Went into bios setup and looked at the boot menu.
    This is how it looks:
    1st.-uefi ubuntu
    2nd.-onboard NIC device
    3rd.-internal odd device
    4th.-usb storage
    5th.-usb floppy.
    Trouble is I don't know what to do with that.Any help would be appreciated,thank-you.Tony

:)

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint

How can I dual boot windows 10 with Linux Mint when I have a MBR hard drive with 4 partitions already in place?

Computers2016, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

Has anyone successfully setup a dual boot with Windows 10 and Linux Mint? If so can you please tell me how you did it. Have tried multiple times and all have failed.

richard000001, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint

1. Dual boot Windows10 and Linux Mint - Similar Threads - Dual boot Windows10

2. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  3. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  4. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint

Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint: System: 2 internal SATA hard drives Windows 10 Home 1909 on HD0 / Windows 7 on HD1 BIOS/MBR boot (boot order CD, HD0, USB, HD1) OS installs on dedicated partitions bootloader on HD0 (Win10) I want to install Linux Mint to HD1 to replace Windows 7. Basic steps AFAIK: create...
  6. Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  7. Windows 10 unable to hibernate after dual booting linux mint.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 unable to hibernate after dual booting linux mint.: I have just installed linux mint alongside windows 10. Afterwards when i try to hibernate windows 10 it just brings me back to the logon screen. How am i able to hibernate windows 10 again?...
  8. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

Switching from Linux mint to windows10: Hey im running linux mint 19.3 Tricia on my dell latitude e6500, HDD: 240GB CPU: intel core2 duo T9600 @ 2x 2.801GHz RAM: 1194MiB / 3924MiB MEM: 1394MiB / 3924MiB. It Came with win7 installed, i upgraded to win10, then switched to linux mint using bootable usb. I wiped my...
  9. change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint

in Windows 10 Customization
    change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint: how do i make windows 10 default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dual-boot-order-windows-10-and-linux-mint/e68b3b6e-18b8-4fd9-9407-9d2bd94c3f37
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint on 2 separate drives

Dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint on 2 separate drives: Hi guys Some questions please, i have recently installed Linux Mint 18.2 on my Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 is installed on my 500GB SSD. Linux Mint has been installed on a separate 120GB SSD, connected to a sata port. Its all working great, and i can dual boot, choosing...