Windows 10: Dual-boot with 8.1 but don't get internet

Discus and support Dual-boot with 8.1 but don't get internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all,been trying for months but no luck.Trying to dual-boot 10 and 8.1.Installs fine but I have no internet. Specs.Lenovo ideacentre 510A-15ICB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eore, May 4, 2021.

1. eore Win User

Dual-boot with 8.1 but don't get internet

Hi all,been trying for months but no luck.Trying to dual-boot 10 and 8.1.Installs fine but I have no internet. Specs.Lenovo ideacentre 510A-15ICB Ver-20H2-19042.964 Thank-you,Tony

:)

eore, May 4, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04?

Once I had Windows 10 RTM dual booting with Linux 17.2. No issue whatsoever.

Here is a tutorial on dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu 15.04
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/d...th-screenshots

davidhk, May 4, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 4, 2021
  4. Dual-boot with 8.1 but don't get internet

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Dual-boot with 8.1 but don't get internet

1. Dual-boot with 8.1 but don't get internet - Similar Threads - Dual boot don't

2. Getting rid of Dual boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting rid of Dual boot: I've just installed Windows 10 Pro on an SSD and now have a Dual Boot System with Windows 10 Home on another SSD. I would like to remove the "Home" O/S to reclaim lost disk space, apart from anything else but am concerned because UEFI BIOS will only "see" the "Home" SSD as a...
  3. Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system: Hi, I installed Windows 10 beside of existing Windows 8.1 installation as secondary OS to second physical drive. When booting to Win 8, everything works fine but when booting Windows 10, I get the error screen shown below. The weir on it is that everything is at it's place...
  4. Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?

Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?: I installed W10 onto my daughters laptop, but rolled back to W8. Is it possible, now that there is a license for each, to partition and do a clean install of 10 creating a dual boot? and will both be licensed? Thank you. 99619
  5. Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?

Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?: Hello ! Currently, I have dual boot Win7 and Win10. And the only reason I have Win7 is because the drivers for a printer were not updated to Win10. Now recently HP did just that, and I no longer need Win7. The way I have it set up is that I have Win7 on one partition,...
  6. Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?

Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?: Hi I'm getting there, I've downloaded the .ISO file, I've made 2 images of my C:\ drive (using 2 different backup programs) and I've created a 100 GB partition on my second hard drive labeled Windows 10. Now I'm going to create the install DVD. I'm hoping that...
  7. Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8

Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8: A little early but this is what I am looking at. [img] I plan to just remove Win 7 (C) and install Win 9 Preview in its place as (C) At present Win 8 is on a Logical drive (W) but have thought about deleting Win 7 and converting Win 8 (W) to a primary partition and...
  8. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: This is a two part question, and please note I do not have Win10 myself. In fact I do not have direct access to the computer I am talking about although I do have the full technical details of it, including all drivers, etc. Firstly, If Win10 is already installed on a...
  9. Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?: Hi I'm planning to create a new 120 Gigabyte partition on the internal hard drive that doesn't have Windows 8 on it and then installing Windows 9 in it. I've done this several times in the past, with XP and 7, then 7 and 8, but not since the change to the UEFI bios....
  10. Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8: How to: Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8 How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8 [img] Information Windows 10 is here. This tutorial will show you step by step on how to dual-boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8....