Windows 10: Dual boot with Kubuntu before and decided to erase, help with Bootrec

Discus and support Dual boot with Kubuntu before and decided to erase, help with Bootrec in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was dual booting with Kubuntu Linux and decided to erase Kubuntu and leave my PC Windows only. Erased the Linux partition to then restore the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by binarydepth, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Dual boot with Kubuntu before and decided to erase, help with Bootrec

I was dual booting with Kubuntu Linux and decided to erase Kubuntu and leave my PC Windows only. Erased the Linux partition to then restore the boot manager but to my surprise, the Bootrec command says Access denied. Code: Bootrec /fixBoot[/quote] I get the Grub terminal and can boot Windows by typing exit. I would like to have a clean Windows boot process.

My SSD is on GPT, Will this steps work? How to

:)

binarydepth, Jul 22, 2019
  2. ckmape Win User

error code 0xc0000428 with windows 10 dual booted with 7.

Hello I have a question are you able to help me with error code 0xc0000428 winload.exe is corrupted. I tried this commands but didn't work.

• bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /rebuild bcd
    I am trying this in windows 10 by any chance are you able to help me?

This happened when i put in windows 7 dual booted but i tried to reinstall windows 7 but windows 10 still doesn't want to boot. the windows 7 boot manager still recognized windows 10 but i don't want to reinstall windows 10 since I lost my product key and I
    don't want to spend $300 for a new one? any suggestions?

ckmape, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Help on Dual Boot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to dual boot the computer.

I would like to inform you that, it is possible to install Windows 10, only if Windows XP is preinstalled on the computer. If
    you are trying to install Windows XP just to run a particular software, I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Homeless Win User

Dual boot with Kubuntu before and decided to erase, help with Bootrec

Ubuntu/Kubuntu 9.10

Just tried dual booting kubuntu with windows 7. Grub menu errors when trying to load kubuntu but windows 7 works :\

Homeless, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Dual boot with Kubuntu before and decided to erase, help with Bootrec

1. Dual boot with Kubuntu before and decided to erase, help with Bootrec - Similar Threads - Dual boot Kubuntu

2. Windows 10 doesn't boot from UEFI after deleting some partitions, Kubuntu dual boot. Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't boot from UEFI after deleting some partitions, Kubuntu dual boot. Error...: Hi, hope you are doing well.I use mainly Kubuntu, and have a Windows 10 from when I got the laptop. The laptop has a SSD and a HDD, both OS are on the SSD, the HDD is for personal data.Before getting the laptop, it had a Windows 8 in the HDD didn't have an SSD. The SSD was...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't boot from UEFI after deleting some partitions, Kubuntu dual boot. Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't boot from UEFI after deleting some partitions, Kubuntu dual boot. Error...: Hi, hope you are doing well.I use mainly Kubuntu, and have a Windows 10 from when I got the laptop. The laptop has a SSD and a HDD, both OS are on the SSD, the HDD is for personal data.Before getting the laptop, it had a Windows 8 in the HDD didn't have an SSD. The SSD was...
  4. pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run

pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run: Cloned HDD to SSD, now neither will run.Getting 0xc000000f error.Bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run.Desperate.Machine is HP Elite 8300 SFF.Thanks....
  5. pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run: Cloned HDD to SSD, now neither will run.Getting 0xc000000f error.Bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run.Desperate.Machine is HP Elite 8300 SFF.Thanks....
  6. pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run

7. Dual boot fail help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot fail help: So I was installing Kali Linux on the other half of my 1TB SSD in the new asus pro duo laptop i got in order to have a dual boot between windows which i had recently upgraded to windows 11 like 3 days prior to this happening. The first time went fine, no errors on the...
  8. Dual boot fail help

Dual boot fail help: So I was installing Kali Linux on the other half of my 1TB SSD in the new asus pro duo laptop i got in order to have a dual boot between windows which i had recently upgraded to windows 11 like 3 days prior to this happening. The first time went fine, no errors on the...
  9. Need help in Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help in Dual Boot: I have a PC with 2 SSD and an NVMe . I have Windows 10 installed on NVMe And have a free SSD and I want to install Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on a free SSD . I want to Setup dual boot on it but I have no idea how to do it and I doubt that it is possible via NVMe and SSD pathway . If...
  10. Help with dual boot

Help with dual boot: Hey everyone, I currently have a hard drive with Windows 10 installed on it, and I want to dual boot it with an older version like Windows 7 or XP. (Just for nostalgia:p) Microsoft said to install the older one first or my computer would be screwed, but the newer one is...