Windows 10: Dual Boot without USB

Discus and support Dual Boot without USB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys I have to boot another OS on my UEFI Windows 10 however I do not have USB Stick and due to the virus lockdown I cannot go outside to buy a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ruswestbrook, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Dual Boot without USB

Hello guys I have to boot another OS on my UEFI Windows 10 however I do not have USB Stick and due to the virus lockdown I cannot go outside to buy a new one. Is there any software to let me boot these two OS with only using my Internal Drive (SSD). Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ruswestbrook
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ruswestbrook, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Cannot dual boot or boot from usb/dvd.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Have you changed the boot priority to USB/DVD?

First you need to verify and if necessary change the boot order in the BIOS settings so that your PC will boot from the DVD drive (or USB device if you created a bootable USB Flash drive). You can do this by making the DVD drive / USB device the first device
    listed in the boot order and the hard (or SSD) drive your second device the BIOS, exit as save the BIOS changes.

I suggest you to follow the link suggested by J W Stuart on January 23, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-and-

windows-10-preview/9e9b6066-d99b-4d2f-84dc-38e646c3c6ae

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 25, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Dual Boot without USB

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Dual Boot without USB

1. Dual Boot without USB - Similar Threads - Dual Boot without

2. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows without dual boot: Hello, i have 2 m.2 ssd's that i want to install windows on however it seems that if i try to install a second instance of windows on the second one it automatically enables the windows dual boot stuff. For my practice i have to make sure this doesnt happen and so far the...
  3. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows without dual boot: Hello, i have 2 m.2 ssd's that i want to install windows on however it seems that if i try to install a second instance of windows on the second one it automatically enables the windows dual boot stuff. For my practice i have to make sure this doesnt happen and so far the...
  4. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

Unable to boot without dual boot HDD: Here's my situation: I have two Windows 10 installations, one in an HDD and one in an SSD. I want to get rid of the HDD but I can't. My computer won't boot if the HDD isn't present. In Computer Management, I can see the HDD flagged as system and the SSD flagged as bootable. I...
  6. No boot without USB Memory Device

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot without USB Memory Device: Hello, I set up Win10 from scratch after built in my new SSD. Of course I formatted the HD. Problem: Win10 halt after the bios and after looking for the OS. Screen ist blue with the windows sign on it. System stops for about 2 minutes! After 2min the system boots completely...
  7. External USB boot without Windows2Go

in Windows 10 Support
    External USB boot without Windows2Go: Hi Gurus In theory it should be possible to clone a Windows OS Disk to external and then boot Windows from that without going for a "Windows to Go" solution. It seems there's a bit somewhere in the registry that tells the system that one is trying to boot an external...
  8. Dual Boot without access to other drive?

Dual Boot without access to other drive?: Hi What I would like to do is install two instances of windows 10 on one machine, each on its own ssd hard drive with a normal hard drive for data etc. However I do not want them to be able to access / see the other operating systems drive, thus creating two separate...
  9. Taking out dual boot without reformatin

Taking out dual boot without reformatin: I am dual booting with Win7. I have not used 7 in a few months. I want to know if there is a way to delete and merge the partition that Win7 is on. Also I want to know how to get rid of the dual boot screen and just go with the reg Win10 boot screen. 26281
  10. Install Windows 10 as dual boot without USB or DVD

Install Windows 10 as dual boot without USB or DVD: Hi guys, I have the Windows 10 Pro ISO with a Windows 10 key. (from MSDN) I want to install Windows 10 as dual boot with Windows 8.1. Both are x64. Is it possible to install Windows 10 from the ISO? I know you can upgrade that way. But I want to do a clean install...