Windows 10: Dual Boot?

Discus and support Dual Boot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't want to lose my Windows 7 so I want to buy Windows 10 (Which way is the best way to buy it?) then put it on another hard drive and dual boot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lostsoul65, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Dual Boot?

I don't want to lose my Windows 7 so I want to buy Windows 10 (Which way is the best way to buy it?) then put it on another hard drive and dual boot. My Windows 7 has a BIOS and Windows 10 uses UEFI so how can I use a dual boot? In my BIOS is say's "Legacy and BIOS" or just pick one so if I choose "Legacy and BIOS", that should work?

:)

lostsoul65, Aug 23, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User

Radio FM on Lumia 620 after Amber

FM radio: Lumia 430 Dual SIM, 435, 435 Dual SIM, 435 Dual SIM DTV, 520, 520T, 521, 525, 526, 530, 530 Dual SIM, 532, 532 Dual SIM, 532 Dual SIM DTV, 535, 535 Dual SIM, 540 Dual SIM, 625, 630, 630 Dual SIM, 635, 636, 636 4G, 638 4G, 640
    Dual SIM, 640 Dual SIM DTV, 640 LTE, 640 LTE Dual SIM, 640 XL, 640 XL Dual SIM, 640 XL LTE, 640 XL LTE Dual SIM, 720, 720T, 730 Dual SIM, 735, 820, 830, 920, 920T, 925, 925T, 930, 1020, 1320, 1520, and Icon

garym123, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Dual Sim

nokia is one of the leading brand.but it has shown a backwardness in releasing dual sim mobile phones.though now a days it is releasing some dual sim phones but still it should understand that dual sim with dual stand by facility is also a symbol of
    backwardness.now people are wanting dual sim with dual active at a time facility with a better battery life..

so,it is just my suggestion that nokia should include dual sim dual active facility in all its dual sim phones..thanks..

JENIN---01, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dual Boot?

Hello lostsoul65, *Smile

You could purchase Windows 10 online or at any brick and mortar retail store.

I would recommend to install Windows 10 without UEFI and with "Legacy and BIOS" for your current setup. The tutorial below can give you more step by step details on how to do this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...ndows-8-a.html

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Since you're going to use a different drive anyway and don't want to consume Win7 by upgrading, you should just use the Media Creation Tool from MS to make a boot USB/DVD and install clean to a new drive. It won't activate, but you'll be getting essentially the same OS features as you would if you went out and bought a license. This way, you can try it out (even though it won't activate), and decide whether or not you want to spend the $$$ to buy a retail version.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot?

1. Dual Boot? - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  3. Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lost Activation and cannot Reactivate after setting up Dual-Boot with Ubuntu: Greetings,I have an MSI Laptop - previously it had Windows 10 on it and I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. I did a fresh install of 11 as opposed to just upgrading, but it copied my license key over from the previous installation automatically, since it's all been on the...
  4. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  5. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 10 LTSC,I disabled bitlocker, created a second partition as D:, and installed windows 11 for a test run.The dual boot worked fine, and windows always prompted me which I wanted to start 10 or 11 on bootup.I later decided to uninstall win11, by...
  6. How to fix winload.efi after deleting win11 from a Dual boot with windows 10

7. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  8. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  9. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  10. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...