Windows 10: Dual boot

Discus and support Dual boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Dual boot

For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Dual boot

Ubuntu lost me as a user since they started that Unity - yukk. I converted to Mint Mate and am very happy with it. Even the Gnome3 versions of Mint are better.

5. W2BLC Win User
    I run Linux Mint 17.3 as a dual boot with Windows 10. It works fine for most purposes, however, some of the Linux software lacks the elegance of that found for the Windows OS. In other words, it takes more key strokes to do some things in Linux than in Windows. Often there is no viable Linux replacement. That is not a reflection against the OS - just upon the software being used.

I have like desktops running for both OS and the jury is out at this time which I will stay with. However, I do lean towards Windows due to software issues. So far as a safe OS - I feel the Linux system is less likely to leave me stranded.

Perhaps, as time goes on and Windows 10 matures, there will be less update induced failures and an included means of controlling those updates. I have 10 Pro - hence, have some control over them. Not like 7, however.

For general purposes, other than specialized software requirements - either OS will serve you fine. Experiment with things - it is great for keeping the cobwebs out from between the ears.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot

1. Dual boot - Similar Threads - Dual boot

2. Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other: I have a configuration with 2 hard drives and I'd like to install Ubuntu and Windows 10- let's say- Ubuntu on hard drive C, Windows 10 on hard drive D. To prevent malwares from spreading from an OS to the other, I'd like to permanently disable ubuntu's hdd in Windows and...
  3. Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other: I have a configuration with 2 hard drives and I'd like to install Ubuntu and Windows 10- let's say- Ubuntu on hard drive C, Windows 10 on hard drive D. To prevent malwares from spreading from an OS to the other, I'd like to permanently disable ubuntu's hdd in Windows and...
  4. I have a dual boot with win7 & 10.

I have a dual boot with win7 & 10.: Well I started to use the crappy one {10} since you aren't going to support your best product ever. Well as soon as I got using it for first time it crashed. And now I can't get either os to work. And I also forget how to change the command prompt. And what drive will my...
  5. Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i...: I have had a system crash during a Thunder Storm and had to reload my Original Dell Operating System via there site to reload the system. Its for a Dell Inspiron 5555. System Installation was successful. Only one weird problem. Now when I start up the system it brings up...
  6. Accidental dual boot on 2 hard drives. How to revert?

Accidental dual boot on 2 hard drives. How to revert?: I have 2 SSDs and want to have 2 autonomous Windows 10 machines. First one already has Windows 10 and the second one was supposed to get a clean install with another Windows 10 OS via USB. Both SSDs were connected to the PC during the clean install. After I clean installed,...
  7. Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot: I have installed Windows 10 64bit 1809 os build 17763 along with Deepin 64bit 15.10. Both the system working well. I have a problem with the Windows Advanced startup option it is not there when I restart to advanced startup there is only one option and that is to Turn off the...
  8. Recovering Window or reinstalling from Dual Boot snafu

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering Window or reinstalling from Dual Boot snafu: Man did I screw something up. I was doing a Windows 10/Ubuntu Budgie dual boot experiment. I had forgotten that in this scenario Budgie starts creating little Windows headaches not worth having and so I decided my 'fun and games' were over and I'd erase the Linux partition....
  9. BSOD: Windows 10 Dual Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Windows 10 Dual Boot: Last week I had a very frustrating situation. I have a dual boot system on single drive (Windows 10 home and Windows 10 Pro) and suddenly I get BSOD. Upon rebooting I began to get all kinds of errors (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, *:\windows\system32\winload.exe has expired,...
  10. dual boot windows pro with home?

dual boot windows pro with home?: I bought an ASUS notebook with windows 10 home which has 1703. I plan to replace the drive with an WD 500gb black NVME drive and boot off of it. I was planning on installing PRO version on that NVME drive. My idea is pull off the 2TB old SATA drive, boot the usb creator, and...