Dual boot

Discus and support Dual boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Dual boot

For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Dual boot

Ubuntu lost me as a user since they started that Unity - yukk. I converted to Mint Mate and am very happy with it. Even the Gnome3 versions of Mint are better.

5. W2BLC Win User
    I run Linux Mint 17.3 as a dual boot with Windows 10. It works fine for most purposes, however, some of the Linux software lacks the elegance of that found for the Windows OS. In other words, it takes more key strokes to do some things in Linux than in Windows. Often there is no viable Linux replacement. That is not a reflection against the OS - just upon the software being used.

I have like desktops running for both OS and the jury is out at this time which I will stay with. However, I do lean towards Windows due to software issues. So far as a safe OS - I feel the Linux system is less likely to leave me stranded.

Perhaps, as time goes on and Windows 10 matures, there will be less update induced failures and an included means of controlling those updates. I have 10 Pro - hence, have some control over them. Not like 7, however.

For general purposes, other than specialized software requirements - either OS will serve you fine. Experiment with things - it is great for keeping the cobwebs out from between the ears.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot

1. Dual boot - Similar Threads - Dual boot

2. Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 with Campfire

in Windows 10 News
    Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 with Campfire: Everything we know about Campfire, Google’s secretive project to get Windows 10 running on Chromebooks. Since first reporting on Windows 10 capabilities on the Google Pixelbook, we’ve been closely tracking development to understand what’s going on behind Google’s doors. We’ve...
  3. Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 using Campfire

in Windows 10 News
    Chromebooks may soon be able to dual boot Windows 10 using Campfire: Everything we know about Campfire, Google’s secretive project to get Windows 10 running on Chromebooks. Since first reporting on Windows 10 capabilities on the Google Pixelbook, we’ve been closely tracking development to understand what’s going on behind Google’s doors. We’ve...
  4. Can not connect to ethernet on windows 10 after dual boot with ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not connect to ethernet on windows 10 after dual boot with ubuntu: I installed Ubuntu along with windows 10, and I can connect to internet through ethernet cable on Ubuntu, but when I went back to windows 10, I found I can not connect to internet. I tried every method and none of them worked, including 1.reinstall/update driver 2.all kinds...
  5. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  6. Problems encrypting Win10 drive on dual-boot laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems encrypting Win10 drive on dual-boot laptop: I recently had to travel, and several times had to leave my laptop unattended. This made me realize how vulnerable it was to theft, so I have decided to encrypt the drive, or at least my personal files on the drive. The laptop (a Dell Latitude E6430) has Windows 10 Pro and...
  7. Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt: Hi I have a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. When I boot up, I get the options: Windows 10 on Volume 2 Windows 10 on Volume 4 These are separate physical disks. The former (volume 2) is the default and is booting fine (touch wood). But right now, the install on volume 4...
  8. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Greg Carmack advised me to "...boot the WIndows 7 media as a UEFI device, delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to clear the formatting, divide the drive as desired by making the 7 partition the size you want, install and set it up, then do the same with Windows 10...
  9. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  10. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...