Windows 10: Dual boot

Discus and support Dual boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Dual boot

For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Dual boot

Ubuntu lost me as a user since they started that Unity - yukk. I converted to Mint Mate and am very happy with it. Even the Gnome3 versions of Mint are better.

5. W2BLC Win User
    I run Linux Mint 17.3 as a dual boot with Windows 10. It works fine for most purposes, however, some of the Linux software lacks the elegance of that found for the Windows OS. In other words, it takes more key strokes to do some things in Linux than in Windows. Often there is no viable Linux replacement. That is not a reflection against the OS - just upon the software being used.

I have like desktops running for both OS and the jury is out at this time which I will stay with. However, I do lean towards Windows due to software issues. So far as a safe OS - I feel the Linux system is less likely to leave me stranded.

Perhaps, as time goes on and Windows 10 matures, there will be less update induced failures and an included means of controlling those updates. I have 10 Pro - hence, have some control over them. Not like 7, however.

For general purposes, other than specialized software requirements - either OS will serve you fine. Experiment with things - it is great for keeping the cobwebs out from between the ears.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot

1. Dual boot - Similar Threads - Dual boot

2. Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup: Iv been trying to understand what has been causing Boot Failing and Corruption on both windows 10 OP systems. I have 2 windows 10 pros with different keys installed on different ssd drives. I have work pc and a games pc set up however on booting from one OP System to the...
  3. Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10: Hi, I have recently installed an SSD on the M.2 slot of my laptop. It came with a Mechanical 1Tb HDD. First, I installed the M.2 SSD on the motherboard and installed Windows 10 on it. A new clean setup. At this point of time my HDD was not connected. Next, I connected the...
  4. Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon): Hi, for a while now I have been unable to enable my hyperthreading and start windows 10 . When Hyperthreading is enabled in BIOS, it loads up to the point where the windows logo appears, then loads a couple seconds more, then reboots... in a loop up to the point where you...
  5. No longer able to dual boot win 10 and 8.1 ?

No longer able to dual boot win 10 and 8.1 ?: So I used to have windows 10 and windows 8.1 dual boot on my laptop pc. However after a serious mistake I made, I ended up having to start fresh. with windows 10. But now I can't install windows 8.1! It always says a needed driver is missing! I tested my windows 8.1 iso in...
  6. Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

Dual boot Windows 10 with XP: Hi all I have recently purchased an OMEN 880 (win 10 home edition pre-installed),with 2 empty bays on top for extra hard drives and I would like to know if it's possible to install the hard drive from my Asus into one of these bays, then dual boot. I have read on the...
  7. Windows 7 is running slow on Dual-boot and mouse is not working in Windows 7, but works on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 7 is running slow on Dual-boot and mouse is not working in Windows 7, but works on...: Hello All, I just recently installed windows 7 on my laptop. (dual-boot), my main OS is windows 10. however, windows 7 runs kinda slow and am having some problems. I installed all the updates, but now when I login, it takes a while, and when I login, the mouse doesn't work....
  8. Dual-boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual-boot: Hello All, I just recently installed windows 7 on my laptop. (dual-boot), my main OS is windows 10. however, windows 7 runs kinda slow and am having some problems. I installed all the updates, but now when I login, it takes a while, and when I login, the mouse doesn't work....
  9. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10: I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive F:) When I go to install Windows 10 it does not ask me what drive I want to install it to. Will it automatically install to the F: drive since that is...
  10. Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot

in Windows 10 News
    Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot: There have been multiple rumours claiming that Google is planning to enable Windows 10 dual boot support on its own Google Pixelbook. The company could allow the Pixelbook to be Windows 10 certified meaning that Google Pixelbook could soon run Microsoft’s Windows 10. If...