Windows 10: Dual boot

Discus and support Dual boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Dual boot

For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Dual boot

Ubuntu lost me as a user since they started that Unity - yukk. I converted to Mint Mate and am very happy with it. Even the Gnome3 versions of Mint are better.

5. W2BLC Win User
    I run Linux Mint 17.3 as a dual boot with Windows 10. It works fine for most purposes, however, some of the Linux software lacks the elegance of that found for the Windows OS. In other words, it takes more key strokes to do some things in Linux than in Windows. Often there is no viable Linux replacement. That is not a reflection against the OS - just upon the software being used.

I have like desktops running for both OS and the jury is out at this time which I will stay with. However, I do lean towards Windows due to software issues. So far as a safe OS - I feel the Linux system is less likely to leave me stranded.

Perhaps, as time goes on and Windows 10 matures, there will be less update induced failures and an included means of controlling those updates. I have 10 Pro - hence, have some control over them. Not like 7, however.

For general purposes, other than specialized software requirements - either OS will serve you fine. Experiment with things - it is great for keeping the cobwebs out from between the ears.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot

1. Dual boot - Similar Threads - Dual boot

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  3. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dual boot: My current laptop is a dell inspiron 3521 and it is about 12 years old nowit had come preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and all the drivers were working properlyafter moving to windows 10 my amd gpu hasn't ever workedCan i dual boot with windows 8.1 and windows 10 installedwill...
  6. Windows dual boot

Windows dual boot: My current laptop is a dell inspiron 3521 and it is about 12 years old nowit had come preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and all the drivers were working properlyafter moving to windows 10 my amd gpu hasn't ever workedCan i dual boot with windows 8.1 and windows 10 installedwill...
  7. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  8. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  9. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to Dual boot Windows with another OS, while keeping the TPM reserved for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Dual boot Windows with another OS, while keeping the TPM reserved for windows: I like to mess around with different operating systems, but for convenience, I often return to Windows regularly.It would really help me to set up a Dual boot on my Main PC with Windows and Arch Linux so i can mess with diffrend Operating systems Via Distro box or similar...