Windows 10: Dual boot

Discus and support Dual boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Dual boot

For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Apr 20, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Dual boot

Ubuntu lost me as a user since they started that Unity - yukk. I converted to Mint Mate and am very happy with it. Even the Gnome3 versions of Mint are better.

5. W2BLC Win User
    I run Linux Mint 17.3 as a dual boot with Windows 10. It works fine for most purposes, however, some of the Linux software lacks the elegance of that found for the Windows OS. In other words, it takes more key strokes to do some things in Linux than in Windows. Often there is no viable Linux replacement. That is not a reflection against the OS - just upon the software being used.

I have like desktops running for both OS and the jury is out at this time which I will stay with. However, I do lean towards Windows due to software issues. So far as a safe OS - I feel the Linux system is less likely to leave me stranded.

Perhaps, as time goes on and Windows 10 matures, there will be less update induced failures and an included means of controlling those updates. I have 10 Pro - hence, have some control over them. Not like 7, however.

For general purposes, other than specialized software requirements - either OS will serve you fine. Experiment with things - it is great for keeping the cobwebs out from between the ears.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot

1. Dual boot - Similar Threads - Dual boot

2. Windows dual boot recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dual boot recovery: After formatting the disk which had ubuntu from the dual boot which I did before When switching on my hp laptop the screen shows: "Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word,TAB lists pissible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device...
  3. Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting 2 different Windows 10 versions on 1 PC: I want to have another version of Windows 10 alongside the latest version that I am currently running now. Will this cause any issues? I've read that having two of the same OS in a dual boot is a bad idea. Since dual booting is usually only common with two different OS,...
  4. Dual Booting with Arch

Dual Booting with Arch: If anyone here knows how to solve this problem, please help. genfstab -U /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab doesnt work and i dont know what to do. It doesnt return anything but if I take the next step and type in 'vi' it says that the command was not found. Thanks...
  5. Dual boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual boot: Hey all. I recently had windows give me a black screen error and couldn't boot into the system. I had to have access to my computer quickly for a job opportunity and I ended up downloading a second windows 10 on another drive. I now have a triple boot system somehow. The...
  6. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions: I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro? submitted by /u/AlphaXexia [link] [comments]...
  7. Moving a Windows installation to an SSD if you have a dual-boot configuration

Moving a Windows installation to an SSD if you have a dual-boot configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for some guidance at this time. Background: A few years ago, I custom built a PC that, for budgetary reasons, I fitted 2 mechanical hard drives to. When I first put the rig together, I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on the disc at...
  8. Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am having a little bit of trouble and hoping you guys can help me out. I want to set up a dual boot with two different versions of Windows 10. The first (and primary) would be the 2004 update with my primary C drive, the second would be a flash drive with...
  9. Ubuntu/Windows dual boot: Ubuntu can't detect that Windows 10 is already installed. Any...

Ubuntu/Windows dual boot: Ubuntu can't detect that Windows 10 is already installed. Any...: I wanted to install Ubuntu 20.04 next to Windows 10 (on 2 different NVMe SSDs) but the Ubuntu installer is not detecting that Windows 10 is already installed and does not show the option for a dual-boot installation (https://imgur.com/a/Bprq2Jw -- copied from...
  10. Windows 10 installation as a dual boot os

Windows 10 installation as a dual boot os: I have a dell Inspiron laptop. It came with windows 7 preinstalled. Now I want to install windows 10 as welp by partitioning the drive. I have created a bootable usb using the windows ISO file downloaded from windows website and using rufus tool, i have formatted the usb...