Dual boot

Discus and support Dual boot in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Apr 21, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Apr 21, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Apr 21, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Dual boot

Ubuntu lost me as a user since they started that Unity - yukk. I converted to Mint Mate and am very happy with it. Even the Gnome3 versions of Mint are better.

5. W2BLC Win User
    I run Linux Mint 17.3 as a dual boot with Windows 10. It works fine for most purposes, however, some of the Linux software lacks the elegance of that found for the Windows OS. In other words, it takes more key strokes to do some things in Linux than in Windows. Often there is no viable Linux replacement. That is not a reflection against the OS - just upon the software being used.

I have like desktops running for both OS and the jury is out at this time which I will stay with. However, I do lean towards Windows due to software issues. So far as a safe OS - I feel the Linux system is less likely to leave me stranded.

Perhaps, as time goes on and Windows 10 matures, there will be less update induced failures and an included means of controlling those updates. I have 10 Pro - hence, have some control over them. Not like 7, however.

For general purposes, other than specialized software requirements - either OS will serve you fine. Experiment with things - it is great for keeping the cobwebs out from between the ears.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot

Dual boot - Similar Threads - Dual boot

1. Dual-Boot How-To Wanted

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual-Boot How-To Wanted: I'll preface this by saying I am no fan of dual-booting and a huge fan of virtualization. That being said, I was tasked with setting up a Dell tower as a Windows 10 / Linux dual boot. I haven't set up a dual-boot system in 15 years or so, and the steps have left my brain....
  2. New I have a dual boot with two SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    New I have a dual boot with two SSD: I have a dual boot with two SSD. On both are W10 systems, let's say W10 and W10 test. Till yesterday it worked as follows: booting up bios; Bios (or DOS?) screen in which to select which OS. After selection immediately the selected OS system started. Today I updated W10 test...
  3. dual boot issue

in Windows 10 Support
    dual boot issue: I have a dual boot with two SSD. On both are W10 systems, let's say W10 and W10 test. Till yesterday it worked as follows: booting up bios; Bios (or DOS?) screen in which to select which OS. After selection immediately the selected OS system started. Today I updated W10 test...
  4. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  5. Clean install W10 on W7\W8.1 dual boot system with two drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install W10 on W7\W8.1 dual boot system with two drives: I currently have PC with dual boot, running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on individual SSD. I have three drives as follows: Disk 0: Win 7 (SSD 512 GB) Disk 1: Win 8 (SSD 512 GB) Disk 2: Data Storage (HDD 2TB) Windows 7 is installed on one SSD with Volume Label as Windows 7,...
  6. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  7. Dual booting Windows 10 and 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Windows 10 and 7: I have a machine with the following specs: i5 3570K 8GB DDR3 1600 Z77 Pro4-M HD7950 1x1TB WD Blue (D:\ and F:\ Windows 7 x64) 1x250GB Seagate Surveillance HDD (C:\) (Windows 10 x64) Windows 7 is installed on the 1TB drive, and Windows 10 is installed on the 250GB drive. At...
Dual boot solved