Windows 10: Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

Discus and support Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I resize and moved partition where my windows boot was. Now I am unable to boot windows. Please help. Also, I would like to know the technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/last_iteration, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

Hi,

I resize and moved partition where my windows boot was. Now I am unable to boot windows.

Please help.

Also, I would like to know the technical details of what happens and why it does not work.

Thanks a lot!

submitted by /u/last_iteration
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/last_iteration, Oct 1, 2020
  2. LeeRiches Win User

Resized Partitions on Dual-boot Windows with Ubuntu 18.04, Windows crashes on startup

I was trying to make more room on my Windows 10 partition, so I used Gparted Live to reduce partition size by 6GB of the Ubuntu boot. The Ubuntu will still boot, but the Windows partition boots with a blue, sad face screen. I get the windows error of 0xc0000225
    when starting up. I did not move the left side of the Windows partition, only expanded it, and the partition had at least 60Gb of free space in it. There were no errors while partitioning the boots with Gparted Live.

Gparted Live cannot access the partition, although I can access Windows through Ubuntu and all files are accounted for. The Ubuntu grub for dual-boot does open up. Everything works fine, I can see the Windows partition, though when I open it, it crashes.
    Both partitions are, I think, legacy BIOS, not UEFI.

I have tried to download a Windows 10 recovery disk onto my USB, though couldn't figure how to run it on ubuntu to use it for Windows.

LeeRiches, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Dual boot with Ubuntu

I have a dual boot system with windows 8.1 and Ubuntu side by side, both on different partitions.

I have heard rumours about windows deleting the Ubuntu partitions during some update process or such.

Is there any possibility of happening that if I try to update 8.1 to windows 10 from a ISO or through another process?

Obviously, I don't want to lose any of the data on the process let alone Ubuntu along with it.

Md. Jahidul Hamid, Oct 1, 2020
  4. mab1376 Win User

Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

dual boot xp and ubuntu

8.04 has Wubi, you don't need 8.10 for Windows installation functionality.

So long as you make 2 partitions (1 ext3 1 swap) and install Ubuntu to the ext3 partition grub should automatically take care of the boot loader.

mab1376, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot

1. Dual booted windows with ubuntu - Partition resize from ubuntu - Windows wont boot - Similar Threads - Dual booted ubuntu

2. Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows with Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hello, I have the problem that I wanted to rebuild my Windows PC, but before I did not delete the Ubuntu partition. After 66% of the resetting, the system probably wanted to restart and ended up at Grup. Here I selected Windows where I landed on the usual login screen. When I...
  3. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  4. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  5. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  6. merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu: after dual booting win and linıx icant merge two partittions and after this disclaimer it gives this error [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-partitions-after-dual-boot-ubuntu/fd74f858-cb1f-418e-8ad3-b865fa8a4f22
  7. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  8. [Solved] Resized Partitions on Dual-boot Windows with Ubuntu 18.04, Windows crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Solved] Resized Partitions on Dual-boot Windows with Ubuntu 18.04, Windows crashes on startup: I was trying to make more room on my Windows 10 partition, so I used Gparted Live to reduce partition size by 6GB of the Ubuntu boot. The Ubuntu will still boot, but the Windows partition boots with a blue, sad face screen. I get the windows error of 0xc0000225 when starting...
  9. Resized Partitions on Dual-boot Windows with Ubuntu 18.04, Windows crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resized Partitions on Dual-boot Windows with Ubuntu 18.04, Windows crashes on startup: I was trying to make more room on my Windows 10 partition, so I used Gparted Live to reduce partition size by 6GB of the Ubuntu boot. The Ubuntu will still boot, but the Windows partition boots with a blue, sad face screen. I get the windows error of 0xc0000225 when starting...
  10. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...