Windows 10: Dual booting alongside windows

Discus and support Dual booting alongside windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to install Prime OS an android operating system along side my windows 10 but I keep getting an error. I don't have a usb or disc so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dimitri Lee005, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Dual booting alongside windows

Hello I am trying to install Prime OS an android operating system along side my windows 10 but I keep getting an error. I don't have a usb or disc so I'm using the .exe installer instead of the iso. This is the error I get every time I try installing it. Dual booting alongside windows 42a00c85-fcd0-4d2a-be73-b321549ccbe3?upload=true.png

:)

Dimitri Lee005, Apr 12, 2019

2. dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 12, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 12, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual booting alongside windows

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Dual booting alongside windows

1. Dual booting alongside windows - Similar Threads - Dual booting alongside

2. Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11: Changed boot sequence to boot from Win7 Install CD, but after accessing the CD it just opens Win11. From File Explorer ran Setup from CD, get error msg "...partitions not in recommended order......"Created new drive as below : I'm a bit out of my depth here, can anyone...
  3. Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to dual boot Win7 alongside Win11: Changed boot sequence to boot from Win7 Install CD, but after accessing the CD it just opens Win11. From File Explorer ran Setup from CD, get error msg "...partitions not in recommended order......"Created new drive as below : I'm a bit out of my depth here, can anyone...
  4. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...: I am making dual boot by installing ubuntu on windows 10. Every process I follow ask to choose something else option rather than install ubuntu alongside windows boot manager.So what exactly ubuntu do this in case means how much space it get for himself or from where ?I have...
  5. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...: I am making dual boot by installing ubuntu on windows 10. Every process I follow ask to choose something else option rather than install ubuntu alongside windows boot manager.So what exactly ubuntu do this in case means how much space it get for himself or from where ?I have...
  6. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Got 0xc0000000e error after Windows 10 dual boot alongside with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got 0xc0000000e error after Windows 10 dual boot alongside with Windows 10: My Laptop MSI GF 63thin 9scxr has two storage slots. So I want to use Windows 10 dual boot alongside with Windows 10 on extra storage slot but after installing another Windows 10 on separate hard drive, I faced 0xc000000e error and cannot boot up to newly installed Windows...
  8. How to install Windows 7 alongside an already existing Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot...

How to install Windows 7 alongside an already existing Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot...: I have Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 installed in a dual boot configuration on my PC, and when I boot it up, GNU Grub v2.02 pops up asking me which of the 2 operating system I want to go in with some other options such as memtest86, is there any way I can add to that list a...
  9. I just recently installed Deepin v20 beta in dual boot alongside Windows 10. When I booted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just recently installed Deepin v20 beta in dual boot alongside Windows 10. When I booted...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_nandan_sharma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9251f/i_just_recently_installed_deepin_v20_beta_in_dual/
  10. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...