Windows 10: Dual booting from UEFI system

Discus and support Dual booting from UEFI system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ageless1946, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Dual booting from UEFI system

I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting it up if it is possible? Thanks in advance,Rich Hommel ageless1946

:)

ageless1946, Apr 30, 2021

2. UEFI Dual Boot

I have a question guys. Is dual booting possible in laptops with UEFI??? Please Help.

Neil OliverEbarat, Apr 30, 2021
  3. dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Dual booting from UEFI system

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Dual booting from UEFI system

1. Dual booting from UEFI system - Similar Threads - Dual booting UEFI

2. Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager: I have just bought a new PC which includes 2 identical M2 SSDs. I have done a clean install on the first. I now want to know hiw to clone this to the second M2 and be able to select which system to boot using the UEFI Boot Manager not the Windows one. I want the two systems...
  3. Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager: I have just bought a new PC which includes 2 identical M2 SSDs. I have done a clean install on the first. I now want to know hiw to clone this to the second M2 and be able to select which system to boot using the UEFI Boot Manager not the Windows one. I want the two systems...
  4. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?: There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way?? submitted by /u/Nicknotname2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl63ed/reinstalling_windows_from_a_dual_booted_system/
  5. UEFI boot VM's on non UEFI systems

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    UEFI boot VM's on non UEFI systems: Hi folks if you want to test such things as UEFI boot or even Secure boot on a VM running on older hardware that doesn't have UEFI boot it's still easily possible. On for example Linux host running KVM/QEMU a Windows VM ( This also works on Windows hosts running VMWare for...
  6. Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot System -- Windows Disk Disappears From UEFI After A Handful of Parition Switches: I have two separate 2.5" SSDs. One runs Windows 10 and is the original partition intstalled on the PC. The other contains Clover Bootloader & MacOS. The issue I started having is that after I switch back and forth between MacOS and Windows 10 a few times, I'll have a bootup...
  7. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  8. Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI: Hello World I install W10 & ubuntu in dual boot on my new computer. I want to use Windows boot loader instead of GRUB. It is in UEFI so I can not use easy BCD, and I have to use easy UEFI. But I am completely lost I can not find clear info. This is the objective: [ATTACH]...
  9. UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot): Hei, So I'm the guy who tried to move from Legacy to UEFI some days ago. I managed to move both Ubuntu and W10 to UEFI. More info on both of the situations here: Solved Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70 - Windows 10 Forums Queston about GRUB2 + UEFI - Ask...
  10. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...