Windows 10: Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness

Discus and support Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell 3847 PC - Dual booting Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview Booting - If I do a restart from 8.1 about 50 percent of the time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by frostburg49, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness

Dell 3847 PC - Dual booting Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview

Booting - If I do a restart from 8.1 about 50 percent of the time it reboots directly back into 8.1 without a choice to boot to 10. If I restart from Win10 I'm given the choice to boot to either 8.1 or 10. If I shut completely down from 8.1 or 10 and power back up I'm always offered the chance to choose which OS I want to boot.

I can live with this until I see what's coming in the next 10 update.

Wireless Weirdness:

First time starting 8.1 I had no wireless connections and showed no available network connections. After about 5 shut down/power up I installed a Netgear adapter w/it's setup disk and connected to my wireless network in Win 8.1. Updated everything needed & installed several programs

After about 6 days I installed the dual boot Win10. Had no available network connections in 10. Installed the Netgear adapter and software in 10 and was good. After again updating all Dell recommended updates using 8.1, I switched to 10, uninstalled Netgear adapter software and removed adapter. Shut down and powered up. Had no available networks. Reinstalled Netgear adapater & software. This time I had WiFi 1 and WiFi 2 networks available and could go online with either one. Disabled Wifi 1 and connected to Wifi 2 and got online but still
    showed both Wifi 1 and 2 available. Reconnected via Wifi 1 where I am now. After several system reboot I now have only one WiFi available in 10.

Spent about 2 hours with excellent Dell Tech checking just about everything we could and all tests showed everything was correctly.

Currently I'm on the built-in wireless in 8.1 and on the Netgear adapter in Win 10.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I sure don't!

:)

frostburg49, Mar 16, 2015
  2. 21-2787 Win User
    21-2787, Mar 16, 2015
  3. unable to connect to service on OVI store...

weird thing, it's good now...

solved mystery...

close this, plz...

RANDi

randylim76, Mar 16, 2015
Thema:

Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness

1. Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness - Similar Threads - Dual Booting Mystery

2. weird system drive letter on dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird system drive letter on dual boot: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  3. Dual monitors weird glitches?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors weird glitches?: Some things don't show up correctly on my second monitor things like my steam opens up across my monitors for some reason, any things like the exit fullscreen youtube popups are in the wrong spot[IMG][ATTACH] My monitor configuration: [ATTACH] Monitor 1 is a 2560x1080p 75...
  4. Dual moniters acting weird

Dual moniters acting weird: I didn't had this issue with my dual moniter set-up till about 3 days ago. The problem: When I have my main monitor on, my 2nd one don't receive feed, when my main moniter is off, the 2nd one starts to get feed. Windows don't "detect" the monitor, but on certain resolutions...
  5. dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot: how do i remove a dual boot to make it single boot system w/Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/1f4d89b9-3e50-4e91-97b5-f8589935661c
  6. Dual Booting

Dual Booting: I have Windows 10 set in msconfig as my default operating system. When I turn on the computer I get the black Boot Manager screen and if I want Windows 7 I have to use the up arrow and hit enter. my question is how do you get that blue screen with both operating systems in a...
  7. Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error: Some additional context can be found here. I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable USB with Windows 10 1903 (from the Media Creation Tool) to install 1903 on the SSD and produce a dual-bootable setup. I have...
  8. Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error: Some additional context can be found here. I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable USB with Windows 10 1903 (from the Media Creation Tool) to install 1903 on the SSD and produce a dual-bootable setup. I have...
  9. Windows 10 Dual Boot wireless keyboard not always loading

Windows 10 Dual Boot wireless keyboard not always loading: After upgrading my Vista/Win7 dual boot system to Vista/Win10 I have been experiencing issues with my KeySonic ACK-540RF wireless keyboard failing to load on “most” occasions also when the dual boot menu loads it usually appears as text on the screen occasionally the dual...
  10. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: This is a two part question, and please note I do not have Win10 myself. In fact I do not have direct access to the computer I am talking about although I do have the full technical details of it, including all drivers, etc. Firstly, If Win10 is already installed on a...