Windows 10: dual booting pros!!

Discus and support dual booting pros!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Are there any dual boot professionals out there that know everything you could possibly know about dual booting a MacBook Pro?? i have several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by branden2000, Dec 30, 2019.

1. dual booting pros!!

Are there any dual boot professionals out there that know everything you could possibly know about dual booting a MacBook Pro?? i have several questions about getting the touchpad to work the same way it seems to be able to natively in both MacOS and Windows on a regular PC. Something is odd with the way it’s allowed to scroll on the dual booted windows side of things...

Thank You!

:)

branden2000, Dec 30, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 30, 2019
  4. JB1954BN Win User

dual booting pros!!

Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

I'll be receiving a new computer with Win 10 Pro as my computer w/ Windows 7 Pro crashed. I'd like to take the hard drive with Windows 7 Pro and install it into the new one to have dual booting. Any problem doing that and what steps are needed? Thank
    you.

JB1954BN, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

dual booting pros!!

1. dual booting pros!! - Similar Threads - dual booting pros

2. Dual boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot.: Hi and thanks for the many helpful articles on here. Many are similar to my query but don’t seem to give the complete answer. My existing system running Windows 10 Pro 32bit has all my apps some 16bit installed and running well. Now my new system with similar hardware just...
  3. dual booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual booting: So i have a dell laptop running windows 10 home and i want to dual boot windows 8.1 can someone tell me how to do this. thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-booting/395dc945-8287-40ad-a71e-0bf8ff3afe7c
  4. Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot: This a fairly new system 10 months and a clean install 1 week of Windows 10 Pro. I have several drives available for Windows 11, but after the install of 10 and all the drives unplugged to get a good install, How should I go about the install of 11 and save myself the hassle...
  5. Dual boot

Dual boot: Hi All, Been searching for a clear answer but haven't found one yet. A few days ago I installed Win11 Pro preview on a spare drive with Win10 Pro already on my main m.2 drive. All worked fine for dual booting. The next day I was having some bugs in Win10 with right-clicking...
  6. dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot: how do i remove a dual boot to make it single boot system w/Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/1f4d89b9-3e50-4e91-97b5-f8589935661c
  7. Dual Booting

Dual Booting: I have Windows 10 set in msconfig as my default operating system. When I turn on the computer I get the black Boot Manager screen and if I want Windows 7 I have to use the up arrow and hit enter. my question is how do you get that blue screen with both operating systems in a...
  8. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Can I dual boot, Windows 10 and Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/302b7f69-68b0-4eb7-8a83-5b181a481eba
  9. Dual booting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting: I have set up a VHD and loaded it with ubuntu 18.04.1 LST. The problem is I can't make the VHD visible so I can't dual boot my laptop. If I go to This PC and look, all I see is C:. If I open C: then I can see the VHD but can't access it. What did I do wrong? How can I fix...
  10. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: This is a two part question, and please note I do not have Win10 myself. In fact I do not have direct access to the computer I am talking about although I do have the full technical details of it, including all drivers, etc. Firstly, If Win10 is already installed on a...