Windows 10: Dual booting restart to other system

Discus and support Dual booting restart to other system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have dual booting setup on my pc my main system and my development system but to get the development system my computer first boots the main one then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by philip, Aug 16, 2015.

1. philip Win User

Dual booting restart to other system

I have dual booting setup on my pc my main system and my development system but to get the development system my computer first boots the main one then asks me which os i would if the main one it goes right to as it already loaded but if it is the development system it will restart and load that, so my pc has to boot twice. Is there a way from the main system some how i can restart straight to the other one. Both os are windows.

:)

philip, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Aera Rua Win User

Ubuntu and Windows!!

Hello,

Dual boot system is when your computer system has two operating systems installed. When you have a dual boot system, at startup you’ll be ask which Operating system you would like to run in your computer. To help you in setting up dual boot, we recommend
    that you follow the steps in this
    Forum Article
    created by MVP Andre Da Costa on how to Dual Boot Windows 10 with other Operating System.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Aug 16, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Can we install a Duel Operating System with Windows 10

If you have a separate license to each operating system you can dual boot. You cannot dual boot with the operating system that is upgraded. The upgrade license replaces the license for the windows version being upgraded. In other words, you cannot dual
    boot with windows 8.1 and the windows 10 upgrade.

mlg63, Aug 16, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Win+R->msconfig->boot and hi-lite the other OS and click on Set as Default

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Dual booting restart to other system - Similar Threads - Dual booting restart

2. dual boot windows 10 unwanted system restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dual boot windows 10 unwanted system restart: Hello, I have recently installed a second windows 10 OS on my computer, however, although the BCD got updated correctly, and both systems boot just fine, there is one thing that drives me crazy, and it's the fact that when I select the newer windows 10 install the computer...
  3. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  4. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  5. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  6. Time delay in dual boot system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time delay in dual boot system: I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Every time I switch to Ubuntu and get back to windows, I find time is delayed 2 hours! I am using a Dell laptop. What should I do to fix this?...
  7. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  8. Dual Boot without access to other drive?

Dual Boot without access to other drive?: Hi What I would like to do is install two instances of windows 10 on one machine, each on its own ssd hard drive with a normal hard drive for data etc. However I do not want them to be able to access / see the other operating systems drive, thus creating two separate...
  9. Dual booting and system imaging

Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...
  10. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe: Since Windows 8.1 core OEM has the Sear.ch malware on it and I have a Windows 8.1 Pro key, I'm going to format the partition and reinstall. I have the flash drive ready with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. At the same time I'm going to format the partition and reinstall Windows 10...