Windows 10: Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

Discus and support Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files. Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/urielmromano, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

Hi all!

My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files.

Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install exactly the same image as on my Primary drive, which I'll tweak over time. My Windows is OEM, as it was installed by the manufacturer.

Can I run into any issues upon boot? Which ones?Will the license work on two drives simultaneously?

Thanks so much for your help,

submitted by /u/urielmromano
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/urielmromano, Mar 18, 2020

2. How to Clone 'dual boot' Win7/Win10 HDD to new SSD

Hi Jackos,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to create a system image of Win7/Win10 and apply it to SSD.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below steps.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.
    • Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.
    • Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.
    • Select the driver, where you want to create system Image.
    • Follow on screen instruction.
    If you want to perform a dual boot you can refer to the below link and check if it helps:

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 18, 2020
  3. How Many System Reserved Partitions for Dual Boot Windows 10 System

I've upgraded a dual-boot Windows 7 x64 Pro computer to Windows 10 dual-boot. The first system has a system reserved partition. The second system does not have a system reserve partition. So I repeated the clean install for the second system. Still no System
    Reserve Partition.

What can I do to get the System Reserved Partition on this second system? I'm perfectly willing to complete the clean install again, but I don't think that will help since I've already completed the clean install twice.

Any suggestions appreciated.

B_Phillips, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Dandel Win User

Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

1. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD - Similar Threads - Dual booting same

2. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?: Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10 for everything else. Is this possible? Reading about people getting problems with their product keys. Will i also need 2...
  3. Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10 and Win11 on same SSD, different partitions possible?: Hi,I HATE Win11, yea, REALLY, but it runs my 3D-CAD software faster Alder Lake, so i though i would make a work-boot with Win11 and then keep the Win10 for everything else. Is this possible? Reading about people getting problems with their product keys. Will i also need 2...
  4. How to dual boot from the same ssd but different partitions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot from the same ssd but different partitions in Windows 10: Hi, On my notebook I had an installation of Windows 8.1 for work on drive C: and an installation of Windows 10 on drive D: for private use. Now I upgraded the Windows 8.1 version to Windows 10 and now when the notebook boot's up the option to choose the Windows version...
  5. Dual Boot with same Windows 10

Dual Boot with same Windows 10: I have a laptop with an SSD and a HDD. Windows is booted on the SSD and I read that SSDs dont last very long and was thinking when the SSD wont work anymore, I wont be able to use the laptop. So I wondered if I could partition the HDD and install the same Windows 10 on it...
  6. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  7. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions: I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro? submitted by /u/AlphaXexia [link] [comments]...
  8. Trying to dual-boot Windows 10 twice on the same SSD

Trying to dual-boot Windows 10 twice on the same SSD: Hi, So I'm trying to isolate my gaming from everything else mainly because sometimes installing software will sometime cause some certain game system libraries to stop working and vice-versa as well as other reasons. I split my SSD into 2 partitions and installed Windows on...
  9. Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key

Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key: I have a working PC and has an app (Autodesk Revit Architecture) already running good. However, I would prefer to have it running 'only' on an OS. Called Microsoft support to know if I can dual-boot Windows 10 on the same PC with the same key; I was told "No" I cannot use the...
  10. Dual booting and system imaging

Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...