Windows 10: Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

Discus and support Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by violentoptimist, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled.

I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work either.

I've also tried uninstalling the updates, it still does it and there are two updates that won't uninstall (KB4559309 and KB4569073).

The only way to access Ubuntu is to go into the advanced boot setting every time I want to use it

How can I get my computer to stop skipping over the option to use Ubuntu or add it to the Windows boot menu?

System Info:

Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu [​IMG]

:)

violentoptimist, Aug 23, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04?

Once I had Windows 10 RTM dual booting with Linux 17.2. No issue whatsoever.

Here is a tutorial on dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu 15.04
    http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/d...th-screenshots

davidhk, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Hello.

I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case),
    where Ubuntu was stored. But, now whenever I boot my system, a black grub screen comes with the following message:

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

Upon writing 'exit', I am able to enter Windows.

1. I wish to know the reason behind it and how it can be removed.

2. I found this site, Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot, I went ahead and performed all the steps. But somehow
    ended up with this error.

Also, I saw your reply on this thread Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10.
    But it did not help me to remove my error. I will really appreciate your help in removing this error.

Thank you.

ShreyaShah7, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Agriz Win User

Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

Hi

I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows.

It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu.

What settings do i need to unlock?

After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux.

Agriz, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

1. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Dual booting Ubuntu

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu

Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu: Hi I've got Windows 10 and Ubuntu. My problem is that if I choose Ubuntu as default OS I can choose between Ubuntu and Windows but if I choose Windows as default OS I have no choice. I remember that some time ago I could choose OS from some blue menu. How to deal with this...
  5. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  6. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  7. Can't boot after dual-boot crash (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

Can't boot after dual-boot crash (Windows 10 and Ubuntu): I have a problem with my Lenovo h500. I replaced the hard drive with a 1 TB WDC drive and upped the RAM to 8 GB. The unit came with Windows 8, and I upgraded to Windows 10 and have installed every update up until May 2018. Then I installed ubuntu 18.04 in a dual-boot...
  8. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Remove dual boot - Ubuntu

Remove dual boot - Ubuntu: Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been doing a lot of reading on...