Windows 10: Dual booting Windows 10 (32/64-bit) - need help moving boot files

Discus and support Dual booting Windows 10 (32/64-bit) - need help moving boot files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've had Windows 10 1909 32-bit installed on one of my SSDs for a while (upgraded from Windows 7). It started crashing randomly on me and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenR, Nov 21, 2020.

1. StevenR Win User

Dual booting Windows 10 (32/64-bit) - need help moving boot files

Hi all,

I've had Windows 10 1909 32-bit installed on one of my SSDs for a while (upgraded from Windows 7). It started crashing randomly on me and I couldn't work out why so I decided to install Windows 10 2004 64-bit on a spare partition on a second SSD and dual boot at least for a short time before moving onto the 64-bit version.

Unfortunately I hadn't realised that the spare partition was a logical partition rather than a primary one (I'm a bit rusty!).

I'd like to move the bootloader over to the 64-bit Windows so that in future I can do away with the 32-bit Windows. However I know I can't do this unless the 64-bit partition is a primary active partition.

I read Install Win7 to Logical partition? Solved - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums which mentions Partition Wizard but it seems like the ISO / bootable CD isn't available for free any more.

I've installed Partition Wizard on the 64-bit version but if I choose to convert from logical to primary, will it just reboot and do this or does it need the bootable version? Or should I install PW on the 32-bit version and do the conversion of the logical partition within that while the 64-bit version isn't running? I have backups but I don't want to mess things up.

I'd like to keep dual booting for now so I'd like to (if possible) just copy the bootloader from 32-bit to 64-bit using EasyBCD rather than using the Startup Repair option mentioned in that other thread.

Can anyone assist me with doing this task please?

Thanks in advance
    Steven

:)

StevenR, Nov 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting

So i have Windows 10 32 bit installed on my drive after i forgot to change the architecture in the Windows 10 upgrade installation on my Windows 7 64 bit. I have an another parition of my drive. So if possible can i dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit,
    and can i use the same product and activation key?

ClarenceAguimod0519, Nov 21, 2020
  3. dancq Win User
    Windows 10 64 bits and 32 bits dual boot

Hi, I upgraded windows 8.1 to windows 10 64 bit, because I didn´t know there was the 32 bit system option.

I installed windows 10 64-bit (x64) normally. I tried it, and found it great, but due to the fact that I have software that only runs on a 32-bit (x86) architecture, I decided to use MediaCreationToolx64 to install the version of windows 10, that is both,
    32 and 64 bit at the same time.

So, I used my pendrive to installed it, and the installation was done normally.

After I enter my account, I checked the system status, and turns out that windows is still the same 64-bit (x64) architecture system.

So, here´s my question:

How can I install windows 10 32-bit (x86), over my current windows 10 64 bit system, and have a dual boot?, or if possible, how can I uninstall windows 10 64 bit, to install windows 10 32 bit?, all of this KEEPING ALL MY FILES AND APPS.

I thank you all in advance for your help!

dancq, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Imposter Win User

Dual Boot Win10 64 bit and Win10 32 bit

When I originally installed Win10 I installed the 32 bit version. I have a blank drive, and would like to install the 64 bit version on that, creating a dual boot system.

What are the steps I need to follow? I'm reasonably intelligent but not tech savvy.

Imposter, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Dual booting Windows 10 (32/64-bit) - need help moving boot files - Similar Threads - Dual booting bit

2. Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot: I am trying to install windows into my pc but when it asks if I would like to run 32 or 64 bit, I select 64 bit windows logo comes up with a loading circle thing underneath and will load for about 5 minutes before restarting the computer and taking me back to the 32 or 64 bit...
  3. Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot: I am trying to install windows into my pc but when it asks if I would like to run 32 or 64 bit, I select 64 bit windows logo comes up with a loading circle thing underneath and will load for about 5 minutes before restarting the computer and taking me back to the 32 or 64 bit...
  4. Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...

How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...: I have windows 10 32 bit dual boot with windows xp 32 bit Xp is on c drive10-32 is on f drive and I want to convert win 10 to 64 bit without loosing data...
  6. How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...: I have windows 10 32 bit dual boot with windows xp 32 bit Xp is on c drive10-32 is on f drive and I want to convert win 10 to 64 bit without loosing data...
  7. How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need help changing windows 10 64 bit to a 32 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing windows 10 64 bit to a 32 bit: Im helping someone with fixing their storage issue on a laptop when i found out theyre running windows 64 bit on a laptop with 32gb ssd and 4gb of ram. Im stumped, i tried installing 32 bit on a usb but it wont let me change the laptop, i tried to reset the pc but it tells me...
  9. Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting

Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting: So i have Windows 10 32 bit installed on my drive after i forgot to change the architecture in the Windows 10 upgrade installation on my Windows 7 64 bit. I have an another parition of my drive. So if possible can i dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit, and can i use the...
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit

Dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit: Hi I have win10 64 installed on my SSD and win10 32 bit on a HD. The SSD is GPT partitioned and the HD MBR. I can boot from the Windows boot loader in the BIOS into 64 bit windows on the SSD and, by selecting the appropriate HD in the BIOS into the 32 bit windows in the...