Windows 10: Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

Discus and support Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm dual booting windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 LTSC they are UEFI installs, I installed windows 7 first. When windows 7 was the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2stupid2ThInK, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

Hi everyone,

I'm dual booting windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 LTSC they are UEFI installs, I installed windows 7 first.

When windows 7 was the last booted OS it will show the old black bootloader selecting windows 7 from there will work just fine, but selecting windows 10 will result in a plain blue screen (as in the graphical windows 10 bootloader not a BSOD) and the PC freezes, force shutdown and restart will show the windows 10 bootloader instead and I can boot up windows 10.

Same thing happens when the last booted OS was windows 10 but it will show the windows 10 bootloader and the pc will freeze on a black screen when trying to boot windows 7.

Some help would be appreciated .

Never had any issue dual booting multiple linux installs and windows in the past (using grub2)

submitted by /u/2stupid2ThInK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2stupid2ThInK, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Unable to boot to Windows 7 with error: windows 10 something 7 on dual boot with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How have you performed cloning on the fresh drive perform an upgrade?
    • Have you used any software to perform cloning?

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues with dual booting to the operating systems Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform automatic repair on Windows 7 drive as it is crashing to load.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 7 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 7 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 7, perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 7 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 7 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

For more information: Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

puma99dk|, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

1. Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues. - Similar Threads - Dual booting issues

2. Dual-booting Windows 10 and Windows 7 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual-booting Windows 10 and Windows 7 issue: I have Windows 10 and Windows 7 both installed, in a dual-boot configuration, for app compatibility reasons. Win10 is installed on my primary SSD, Win7 on a partition of a larger hard disk. This worked fine until I had to reset my Windows 10 installation reset via cloud...
  3. Dual booting Windows 7 and 10

Dual booting Windows 7 and 10: I have a PC running Windows 7 Home Premium, boot mode is 'Legacy BIOS in UEFI secure boot not supported', motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H with a 100 Mhz bus, 16GB memory and 'UEFI: American Megatrends F5 05/16/2013' with a 250GB SSD. I want to dual boot with W7 and W10....
  4. Windows 7/10 dual boot?

Windows 7/10 dual boot?: About time I changed to Windows 10 (Pro) I guess. However, I would perhaps (still mulling pros and cons) like to have a dual boot with my current Windows 7 (Home) - the PC is 99% used for gaming (X-Plane 11) and some of the older hardware I use, and want to keep, such as a...
  5. Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10

Dual Boot Windows 7 and 10: I have Windows 7 on my C: drive, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft onto a USB connected SATA drive on my laptop. (drive F:) When I go to install Windows 10 it does not ask me what drive I want to install it to. Will it automatically install to the F: drive since that is...
  6. Dual booting Windows 10 and 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Windows 10 and 7: I have a machine with the following specs: i5 3570K 8GB DDR3 1600 Z77 Pro4-M HD7950 1x1TB WD Blue (D:\ and F:\ Windows 7 x64) 1x250GB Seagate Surveillance HDD (C:\) (Windows 10 x64) Windows 7 is installed on the 1TB drive, and Windows 10 is installed on the 250GB drive. At...
  7. Dual booting windows 7 and 10

Dual booting windows 7 and 10: I have just upgraded windows 7 to windows 10... I've bought a new ssd to install windows 10, but it was installed over my windows 7(in the old ssd) in the process.... Articles in this forum say that you cannot dual boot windows 7 and windows 10, since once you proceed to...
  8. Dual boot windows 10 & 7

Dual boot windows 10 & 7: Hello I have a computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a genuine licence. I have two identicle SSDs (with different serial numbers obviously) I want to run windows 7 on one. I want to put the image of the original on the second and have a dual boot. Software...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot

Reinstalling Windows 7 on 7/10 dual boot breaks dual boot: I installed the 10 tech preview along side my win 7 ultimate, I reinstalled, the Windows 7 side of the HDD because after however many years the OS had a LOT of clutter, and even though windows update was a nightmare I finally got all the updates installed and only the...
  10. Dual boot with Windows 10 and 7

Dual boot with Windows 10 and 7: When I ordered my new Windows 10 laptop it was ordered with a 1TB SSD, I expected it to be a single 1TB SSD, but it arrived with 2 SSDs, both of which are 500 GB and have different drive letters. The first SSD is the Windows 10 op sys drive with installed apps. The second one...