Windows 10: Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool

Discus and support Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm planning my new PC build and it will be a dual boot configuration with 2 SSDs as my OS drives. One will have Windows 10, and the other will have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FloridaFan88, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool

I'm planning my new PC build and it will be a dual boot configuration with 2 SSDs as my OS drives. One will have Windows 10, and the other will have Windows 7. I also plan to use three 2TB hard drives for bulk storage. I want to pool the hard drives in Storage Spaces using Windows 10. The drives will be set up in a mirrored configuration. Can Windows 7 detect the mirrored drive pool? Thank you.

:)

FloridaFan88, Jun 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 storage spaces

I set up a storage space with two drives, mutually mirrored, then recently added another pair. The storage spaces manager shows the extra capacity but the pool still appears at the original size. How do I set up the new drives as additional mirrored space,
    or must it form a new pool to avoid deleting the currently stored data?

I suppose I could back up all the data then set the pool up from scratch as a four-drive mirrored pool, but how?

brianwilson55, Jun 5, 2017
  3. kakomanda Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 Anniversary build 1607 + Storage Spaces = really slow boot time

Same thing here. Boot times before Anniversary update about 5 to 7 seconds. After the update about 1 to 2 minutes.

OS on a Evo 850

2 Storage pools.

Two way mirror 231 GB with 1 Samsung and 1 WD

Simple (no resiliency) 2TB with 1 WD and 1 Seagate

If the storage spaces are disabled, Windows Boot goes fast again.

Please MS. Help.

kakomanda, Jun 5, 2017
Thema:

Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool

1. Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool - Similar Threads - Dual Booting Mirrored

2. Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted: Today, I went to access my storage pool and it told me that I need to format it. It was working perfectly fine a few days ago. If you run chkdsk in Command Prompt, it shows that it is NTFS, if you look in Storage Spaces settings it shows that it is all online and healthy with...
  3. Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted: Today, I went to access my storage pool and it told me that I need to format it. It was working perfectly fine a few days ago. If you run chkdsk in Command Prompt, it shows that it is NTFS, if you look in Storage Spaces settings it shows that it is all online and healthy with...
  4. storage pools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  5. Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space: Using Storage Spaces for a simple Mirrored Pool with (2) 4TB HDD's for a backup drive. Setup was simple and easy with Storage Spaces reporting a formatted 3.75TB Mirrored Volume. After test writing some system images and doing some disk speeds tests, Storage Spaces says...
  6. Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space: Using Storage Spaces for a simple Mirrored Pool with 2 4TB HDD's for a backup drive. Setup was simple and easy with Storage Spaces reporting a formatted 3.75TB Mirrored Volume. After test writing some system images and doing some disk speeds tests, Storage Spaces says...
  7. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  8. create storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create storage pool: I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged in a new storage...
  9. Storage Pool missing

Storage Pool missing: Hello. I had four 4TB drives in a 8TB Storage Pool mirrored setup. I was trying to use the "Remove"-option to replace one of the disks. After clicking it, Windows became unresponsive and then bluescreen. When Windows booted back up, the Storage Pool was missing, and the...
  10. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...