Windows 10: dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10

Discus and support dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi i need help,I'm trying to get a similar ram stick for my laptop for dual channel but i cant find the correct info on windowsmy laptop model is : Hp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vosaci, Nov 28, 2021.

1. vosaci Win User

dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10

hi i need help,I'm trying to get a similar ram stick for my laptop for dual channel but i cant find the correct info on windowsmy laptop model is : Hp 15-ef0025wmwhen i run hp assistant, cpu z and task manager it tells me different in formation plz help.running cmd does help in getting specific infoand i cant really pull this thing by myselfis there any way of getting the correct info in windows 10???

:)

vosaci, Nov 28, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Single vs dual channel RAM in a laptop

The RAM can bottleneck the CPU when benchmark testing.
    In real world testing you won't notice the difference.
    You would need to push the computer to extremes.

Most end users do not overclock laptops.
    So for the typical laptop you won't notice the difference again when using single as compared to dual channel.

When adding or replacing RAM these are important:
    a) Use RAM that is displayed on the computer or motherboard manufacturers Qualified Vendor List (QVL)
    b) Always purchase in pairs with matching SKU (so that there are no compatibility problems)
    c) Consider RAM manufacturers offering lifetime warranty

When adding or replacing RAM consider the pricing for two 8GB versus one 16 GB.
    If its a minor difference go with the two 8 GB.

One other factor to consider is having four DIMM with 2 RAM modules.
    Typically adding only one RAM module converts dual channel into single channel.
    The single and dual channel refer to the function of the motherboard.
    In the owners manual it may indicate which DIMM to use when using one versus two RAM modules.

Single Channel vs Dual Channel Memory: Which Is Better? | Beebom
    RAM Performance Benchmark: Single-Channel vs. Dual-Channel - Does It Matter? | GamersNexus - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware Benchmarks

Consider using the Crucial scanner for available options:
    Crucial System Scanner

zbook, Nov 28, 2021
  4. dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10

Ram Upgrade

My laptop is a HP ProBook 4540s with 4 GB RAM installed. My question is

What is the largest amount of Ram I can upgrade it to? Should I add a 4GB chip or have it removed to install 1 8GB chip?

Is there a large cost difference? I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.

• Standard
      • DDR3 PC3-10600 SDRAM (1333 MHz)
        Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory.
        2GB and 4GB SODIMMs
    • Maximum
      • Upgradeable to 8192MB with optional 4096MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2.
    • Dual-channel
      • Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

JPickett63, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10

1. dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10 - Similar Threads - dual channel help

2. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.: I just add new ram in my laptop before it was 1x8 gb and now it is 2x8 gb ram. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot. 1 ram works if it is use individually but when both is used it cause blue screen. I use a laptop msi. Intel i7 - 8750h GPU: Nvidia gtx...
  3. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot.: I just add new ram in my laptop before it was 1x8 gb and now it is 2x8 gb ram. Windows blue screen with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel slot. 1 ram works if it is use individually but when both is used it cause blue screen. I use a laptop msi. Intel i7 - 8750h GPU: Nvidia gtx...
  4. dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10: hi i need help,I'm trying to get a similar ram stick for my laptop for dual channel but i cant find the correct info on windowsmy laptop model is : Hp 15-ef0025wmwhen i run hp assistant, cpu z and task manager it tells me different in formation plz help.running cmd does help...
  5. dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual channel help, searching for RAM info on windows 10: hi i need help,I'm trying to get a similar ram stick for my laptop for dual channel but i cant find the correct info on windowsmy laptop model is : Hp 15-ef0025wmwhen i run hp assistant, cpu z and task manager it tells me different in formation plz help.running cmd does help...
  6. RAM channel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM channel: Hello! I have upgraded my RAM from 4gb single channel to 2x8. Today I checked cpu-z and it showed that my RAM sticks are running on single channel, but in task manager i see that 2 from 2 RAM slots are being used and i have 16gb of rams. Is it supposed to be like that or...
  7. Single vs dual channel RAM in a laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Single vs dual channel RAM in a laptop: I have a new Dell Vostro 5590 i7 10510U laptop with 8GB DDR4 RAM 2666 Mhz and a NVidia MX250 GPU with 2GB. Win10 Pro. NVMe SSD. The RAM is running in single channel currently. There is an available RAM slot that can be used to increase RAM. If I add another 8GB “stick’’ of...
  8. Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel

Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel: Hey everyone, I've got a situation with my old rig I couldn't make sense of. Asus p7p55d pro Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz 2 x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz CAS 7-7-7 Dual Channel Nvidia GT 1030 Lately my PC has been unstable and crashed twice over the last 24 hours which never happened in...
  9. Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel

in Windows 10 Support
    Faulty Memory RAMs in Dual Channel but no errors in Single Channel: Hey everyone, I've got a situation with my old rig I couldn't make sense of. Asus p7p55d pro Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz 2 x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz CAS 7-7-7 Dual Channel Nvidia GT 1030 Lately my PC has been unstable and crashed twice over the last 24 hours which never happened in...
  10. Ram: Dual Channel & Volt

Ram: Dual Channel & Volt: So I am thinking about buying a 8 GB RAM for my laptop. I have a few question about RAM regarding volts and dual channel. #1 My current ram shows it is running at 1.5 V. Can I put it a 1.35 V ram instead? #2 When I put the 2x4 RAM in my laptop, will it dectect that I...