Windows 10: Dual computer

Discus and support Dual computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i work from home and im trying to make my laptop show exactly what it shows on my computer at work. And when i make an edit or save a file at home i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by calebnadreau, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Dual computer

So i work from home and im trying to make my laptop show exactly what it shows on my computer at work. And when i make an edit or save a file at home i want it to be the same on my computer at work!

:)

calebnadreau, Feb 15, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual computer

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Dual computer

1. Dual computer - Similar Threads - Dual computer

2. How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors: My laptop has this problem where sometimes when i'm using it together with an external monitor it will suddenly freeze up, but i can still hear audio and move my mouse. Waiting it out hasn't helped and the only way i've managed to unfreeze it without restarting is to press...
  3. How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors: My laptop has this problem where sometimes when i'm using it together with an external monitor it will suddenly freeze up, but i can still hear audio and move my mouse. Waiting it out hasn't helped and the only way i've managed to unfreeze it without restarting is to press...
  4. How do i fix my computer freezing when i use dual monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem: I am using a new Dell Vostro 7620 laptop that came with Windows 11 OEM Installation, with a Dell Thunderbolt dock, Model WD22TB4, using Dell flat screen dual monitors - the monitors frequently just go blank for several seconds black screen, but still on as evidenced by the...
  6. Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem

Windows 11 - Laptop Computer and Dual Monitor Blanking Problem: I am using a new Dell Vostro 7620 laptop that came with Windows 11 OEM Installation, with a Dell Thunderbolt dock, Model WD22TB4, using Dell flat screen dual monitors - the monitors frequently just go blank for several seconds black screen, but still on as evidenced by the...
  7. computer defaults to dual screens on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer defaults to dual screens on startup: When I boot up or restart my computer, it defaults to extended screen with a second monitor. I know how to correct the situation once it occurs using settings but that does not fix the problem the next time I boot up or restart. How do I stop the default to dual screens when...
  8. computer defaults to dual screens on startup

computer defaults to dual screens on startup: When I boot up or restart my computer, it defaults to extended screen with a second monitor. I know how to correct the situation once it occurs using settings but that does not fix the problem the next time I boot up or restart. How do I stop the default to dual screens when...
  9. computer defaults to dual screens on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Reset one side of a dual boot computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset one side of a dual boot computer: I dual boot my laptop with 2 Windows 10 Operating Systems. One is my personal and the other work. I need to reset the personal side but dont wan to affect the work side. Is this possible and if so how do i do it?...