Windows 10: dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

Discus and support dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I just got a new monitor and I'm using my old one as a second monitor. It's portrait, 1080p, and 24 inches while my new monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/m0mrider69, Jan 14, 2021.

1. dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings O7OENXEjmVJv_pmQiMK5P6gPPG45EYszarA8rlKuLv0.jpg

So I just got a new monitor and I'm using my old one as a second monitor. It's portrait, 1080p, and 24 inches while my new monitor is landscape, 4k, and 27 inches. In display settings, the portrait monitor is somehow shorter than the landscape monitor. I was wondering if there was any way that I could up the size of my portrait monitor in display settings so it's taller than the landscape monitor like it is in real life

this is what it looks like if that helps

submitted by /u/m0mrider69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/m0mrider69, Jan 14, 2021

2. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 14, 2021
  3. JonnyF007 Win User
    different displays on dual monitors

I am running dual BenQ monitors from my surface pro 4 dock.

Despite identical setting on the monitors themselves, the displays are different.

Its very had to read text right hand monitor.

changing the cables doesn't make a difference.

Help!

JonnyF007, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Vivian_S Win User

dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

1. dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings - Similar Threads - dual different resolution

2. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  3. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  4. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  5. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  6. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  7. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  8. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  9. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  10. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

Dual displays Same size different resolutions: I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes things appear weird when going across the two monitors. Windows 10 thinks the 1080 is smaller. So i was hoping there was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows different resolution monitors linup