Windows 10: Dual Display and Windows Update

Discus and support Dual Display and Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently (23/09/2019) installed a WINDOWS 10 UPDATE and my computer will no longer detect my second monitor. Can anyone please help? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew Macdonald (Andy), Sep 26, 2019.

1. Dual Display and Windows Update

I recently (23/09/2019) installed a WINDOWS 10 UPDATE and my computer will no longer detect my second monitor. Can anyone please help? Thanks

:)

Andrew Macdonald (Andy), Sep 26, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Dual Display and Windows Update

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Dual Display and Windows Update

1. Dual Display and Windows Update - Similar Threads - Dual Display Update

2. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  3. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  4. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  5. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  6. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Dual display question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual display question: In a dual display setup... (1) what should Windows do when you unplug one of the displays? For example, when you disconnect the HDMI cable? (2) What should Windows do when you plug it back in? (3) What should Windows do when you unplug BOTH displays? (4) What what should...
  8. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  9. Dual Displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Displays: Hi... I'm setting up dual displays 1 regular ViewSonic computer monitor -VGA connection / 1 BenQ TV screen - HDMI connection. My trouble is getting the screen resolution sizes to work for both screens. The best I've got so far is the setting for "Duplicate These Displays" /...
  10. Dual displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual displays: My dual screens have suddenly stopped being separate and now the same images are on both screens. ow do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-displays/53908532-4825-4de0-8c59-cd151be887fe