Windows 10: Dual Display and Windows Update

Discus and support Dual Display and Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently (23/09/2019) installed a WINDOWS 10 UPDATE and my computer will no longer detect my second monitor. Can anyone please help? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew Macdonald (Andy), Sep 26, 2019.

1. Dual Display and Windows Update

I recently (23/09/2019) installed a WINDOWS 10 UPDATE and my computer will no longer detect my second monitor. Can anyone please help? Thanks

:)

Andrew Macdonald (Andy), Sep 26, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Dual Display and Windows Update

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Dual Display and Windows Update

1. Dual Display and Windows Update - Similar Threads - Dual Display Update

2. Dual displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual displays: My dual screens have suddenly stopped being separate and now the same images are on both screens. ow do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-displays/53908532-4825-4de0-8c59-cd151be887fe
  3. Dual display (extended desktop)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual display (extended desktop): difficult to get mouse cursor to go from display 1 to display 2 (set to extended desktop. Cursor stops at right end of display 1 and will only move to display 2 after multiple tries—sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes....
  4. Dual montior not detecting but displaying

Dual montior not detecting but displaying: Hello I recently bought a new adapter for my second screen, it was a display port to HDMI cable but it was faulty so I bought a display port to HDMI adapter and used an HDMI cable. Im not sure if any of this is relevant but its the only thing that's changed prior to my...
  5. Dual display problem

Dual display problem: I have hooked up dual displays on my Dell XPS computer and cannot get the displays to show dual images IE: screen 1 main screen info and screen 2 separate sheet info. If I select extend image, monitor 2 only has background image and no controls. If I select show only on...
  6. Dual screen displays

Dual screen displays: I am running Windows 10 and have dual screens. When I booted up this morning, main desktop displayed correctly but 2nd screen was upside down. I rebooted, which corrected 2nd screen problem, but main screen is now blank. The second screen now only detects 1 computer and will...
  7. dual display windows 10 not working

dual display windows 10 not working: I am currently trying to attach a monitor to my lennovo laptop using windows 10 Its a viewsonic monitor Its not picking up the display have tried different monitors changed the vga cable and also tried connecting through usb via a vga port adaptor it wont detect the...
  8. dual monitor display with laptop

dual monitor display with laptop: I have two monitors and an HDMI splitter. When I plug it in, it only gives me an option for display 1 (being the laptop display) and display two which it uses for both monitors. So display two is simply two monitors showing the same thing. I want to be able to use both...
  9. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Display: Had dual monitors working. Do know what happened but know can only get 1 monitor at a time to work. Using a StarTechcom DVI-D to VGA Adapter Converter. When 2nd monitor is attached to adapter, adapter attached to pc tower, will not get any options nor will both displays show....
  10. False Dual Monitor Display....

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    False Dual Monitor Display....: So, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and I got past the whole black screen of death after the initial boot up. I have an Alienware X51 with a GTX 750ti Graphics card and Intel i5 cpu. Now, I read on a post earlier that the drivers are set up to a certain setting to where...