Windows 10: Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after...

Discus and support Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor setup and I use an application (ninjatrader) that includes multiple windows. If I position all the windows where I want them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElliotSumner, May 7, 2019.

1. Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after...

I have a dual monitor setup and I use an application (ninjatrader) that includes multiple windows.

If I position all the windows where I want them (i.e. so that they're all visible in the right places, non are overlapping etc.), but then power down the monitors at night so I can sleep, when I start the monitors again in the morning, all the windows have moved to the primary monitor, and I have to resposition them all again.

It's insanely annoying. Please provide some way I can disable the stupid function that decides I'm suddenly only on one monitor.

I've tried removing hidden monitors in Device Manager. And no it's nothing to do with my BIOS. And no I don't need to reinstall anything or run any troubleshooters.

It's a default, standard, built-in Windows 10 'feature' which is just mind-bendingly dumb.

:)

ElliotSumner, May 7, 2019

2. One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, May 7, 2019
  3. Application does not display by default on second monitor

In Windows 7 Pro, using two monitors, all applications display on the monitor where they last appeared.

Windows 10 64-bit displays all apps on the primary monitor first, so I have to manually move one or more programs to the second screen.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen_Fishman, May 7, 2019
  4. Ajhmain Win User

Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after...

The taskbar locked to bottom of secondary monitor moves to the primary monitor whenever primary monitor is switched on.

See the title.

I have the taskbar locked at the bottom of the secondary monitor so the primary monitor is completely empty for watching movies, games TV etc.

Whenever I turn the primary monitor on, the taskbar immediately jumps from the bottom of the seconday monitor over to the bottom of the primary monitor. I then need to untick the 'Locked' option on the taskbar, drag it back to the secondary and tick 'Locked'
    again.

The taskbar disrupts desktop icons on the primary and any application running on the primary monitor at the time and quite frustrating.

Primary monitor is an Asus PB328, connected via Display Port to the PC.

Secondary monitor is a Samsung 24 connected via DVI to the PC.

I expect the taskbar to remain where I place it when locked, regardless of monitors been switched on or off.

The sequence of turning on the primary and secondary monitors has no impact. As soon as the primary monitor (Asus on DP) is turned on, the locked taskbar moves to the primary display, regardless of whether the Samsung is on or not.

Ajhmain, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after...

1. Dual displays: Application windows in second monitor are all moved to primary monitor after... - Similar Threads - Dual displays Application

2. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  3. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  4. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  6. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  7. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

8. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  9. Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...: submitted by /u/MotorBoats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hberh1/dual_monitors_all_appswindows_move_to_primary/
  10. How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?

How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?: Hello. I was trying to play resident evil 6 splitscreen with my wife yesterday on my pc. She said she doesn't like to see the full screen and only wants to see her players screen which is the lower half. So I brought my second screen and wanted it just to magnify the lower...