Windows 10: Dual displays Same size different resolutions

Discus and support Dual displays Same size different resolutions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShiftSpace, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes things appear weird when going across the two monitors. Windows 10 thinks the 1080 is smaller. So i was hoping there was a setting somewhere you can change so when things go across screens they aren't broken up weird. When in all reality they are the same size, just the pixel count is different

:)

ShiftSpace, Sep 5, 2018

2. Dual monitors with different DPI (different resolution but same physical size)

Hi,

I have dual monitor setup. Two monitors are the same size, but very different in resolution. To be precise, display 1 is 1440x900 (100% scale) and display 2 is 2880x1800 retina (200% scale). So they are the same size, but first display is twice as high in
    DPI as the second one.

Because of that, when I move my mouse pointer from display 1 to display 2, it's "stuck" on the edge until I move it to the bottom (depends on the layout).

Ability to change the "scale" of every individual monitor on the layout (without affecting it's resolution or element/font size) solves the problem:

Dual displays Same size different resolutions 313f7661-b386-4db6-bf90-9c9e9f003f67.png

Is there any other way to solve it? If no, can this feature be added to Windows 10?

LeonidUmanskiy, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Desctop got 2/3 of the normal size

Hello,

This should be resolved by updating the screen resolution for your display. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Start , select Settings > System > Display.
    • Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."
    • If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual displays Same size different resolutions

1. Dual displays Same size different resolutions - Similar Threads - Dual displays Same

2. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  3. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  4. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  5. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors Different "Sizes": I have two 27" monitors that are are of the same physical size but of different resolutions - 1080p and 1440p. These are being run through an RTX3060Ti so max resolution supported is 7680x4320, way above what I am displaying.When I open display and set them to their native...
  6. Dual Monitors Different "Sizes"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  8. dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings: [ATTACH] So I just got a new monitor and I'm using my old one as a second monitor. It's portrait, 1080p, and 24 inches while my new monitor is landscape, 4k, and 27 inches. In display settings, the portrait monitor is somehow shorter than the landscape monitor. I was...
  9. Screens are same size but different resolution.

Screens are same size but different resolution.: I have 2 screens, my main monitor that is 1440p, and a TV above it that is 1080p. They are identical in size, but due to their different resolutions windows detects the TV as being smaller. This means trying to move the mouse from the top right side of the monitor hits an...
  10. Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution: I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitor different resolutions