Windows 10: Dual drive file path........not very computer savvy. please help.

Discus and support Dual drive file path........not very computer savvy. please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased an HP Omen 15 laptop and unboxed it last night. Windows 10 Home. I have downloaded several apps and games (including a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrkeithmark, May 16, 2020.

1. Dual drive file path........not very computer savvy. please help.

Hello,

I recently purchased an HP Omen 15 laptop and unboxed it last night. Windows 10 Home. I have downloaded several apps and games (including a large world of Warcraft install). Ive never had a comp with 2 drives so I didn't think about having enough space to just download and install whatever I wanted.

Problem is everything is going to windows C drive wich is 118 gigs. Now only 2 gigs remain free. However, low and behold, Data D drive is sitting over there with 918 gigs free of 918 gigs.

I don't know how to change the default download/program/install path to drive d, or if I even should. I don't want to start moving files over to D from C because I don't want to screw anything up. All of my files currently reside on Windows C. Intel, preflogs, users, Program files, Program files (x86) swsetup, and windows.

Can someone please be kind enough to let me know how to fix this? I have a lot more games to install and really don't want to screw up my file system or anything like that. By the way im not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks so much!

:)

mrkeithmark, May 16, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 16, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 16, 2020
  4. Dual drive file path........not very computer savvy. please help.

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Dual drive file path........not very computer savvy. please help.

1. Dual drive file path........not very computer savvy. please help. - Similar Threads - Dual drive file

2. HELP WITH DUAL DRIVES!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP WITH DUAL DRIVES!: I need help I recently just reset my whole PC but been trying to setup my dual drives as my SSD as my main but everytime I do it says "media key must be inserted" WIth a black screen....
  3. HELP WITH DUAL DRIVES!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP WITH DUAL DRIVES!: I need help I recently just reset my whole PC but been trying to setup my dual drives as my SSD as my main but everytime I do it says "media key must be inserted" WIth a black screen....
  4. HELP WITH DUAL DRIVES!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nasty Hack and I'm not computer savvy at all. Please help- if you can.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nasty Hack and I'm not computer savvy at all. Please help- if you can.: Help! My laptop and my friend's notebook and 3 Android phones have all been taken over by some remote user, adware gobbledygook that's taken over and we can't get it gone even with factory resets and wiping the HHD of the notebook and starting over. Ai enabled? IDK but it's...
  6. Hard Drive File Path

Hard Drive File Path: Hello, I am trying to create a file path for a backup hard drive.Using "disk management" I tried to right click on the drive and choose "change drive letter and path." The drive is one of the options, but the "change drive letter and path" is greyed out.I read somewhere that...
  7. Dual Monitor Issue - Please Help!

Dual Monitor Issue - Please Help!: I'm starting a new job working from home soon. I want dual monitors. I have an HP monitor/tower desktop setup. But also just bought a new HP laptop and want to use it as a dual screen. The desktop monitor uses HDMI to CPU. I ordered a 15 pin VGI cable with an HDMI because...
  8. Some help please on Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some help please on Dual monitors: Newbie here, so, working from home and I have 2 monitors setup, I have a large monitor with a HDMI setup on the left ( Facing the screens) on the right I have a smaller monitor and that has a VGA to the desktop, I want my home screen/ desktop on the large screen on the...
  9. Some help please on Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Some help please on Dual monitors: Newbie here, so, working from home and I have 2 monitors setup, I have a large monitor with a HDMI setup on the left ( Facing the screens) on the right I have a smaller monitor and that has a VGA to the desktop, I want my home screen/ desktop on the large screen on the...
  10. Someone please help! Sister's computer is acting very strange!

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone please help! Sister's computer is acting very strange!: My sister's computer is acting very strange. Programs keep crashing. Also, when she right clicks on something, it sits and loads and doesn't do anything like it's not responding. Please help! 16075