Windows 10: Dual External Monitors using a labtop

Discus and support Dual External Monitors using a labtop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using a laptop, I want to use Display Duplicate and Display Extended at the same time. I only have one HDMI port. If I get a USB video adapter can I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve Schroeder, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Dual External Monitors using a labtop

Using a laptop, I want to use Display Duplicate and Display Extended at the same time. I only have one HDMI port. If I get a USB video adapter can I do this?

:)

Steve Schroeder, Apr 3, 2020

2. Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

Dual External Monitors using a labtop

External Monitor cannot recognized

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the model number of the Insignia screen?
    2. What is the model of your Dell system?
    3. May I know the exact error message you are receiving on the screen?

I would suggest you to follow the methods below and get back to us with the results.

Method 1: Set up dual monitors on Windows 10.

Please refer the article to
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

and check.

Method 2: Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10.

You can refer the guided walk-through to Troubleshoot
    external monitor connections in Windows 10

We await your response.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Dual External Monitors using a labtop

1. Dual External Monitors using a labtop - Similar Threads - Dual External Monitors

2. Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extending to dual external monitors on Surface Laptop 3: I'm thinking about purchasing 2 external monitors 2x Dell 27 USB-C - P2722HE to use with my Surface Laptop 3 USBC 3.1, so that i can extend the 2 monitors via daisy chaining. USBC to USBC between the laptop and the first monitor, and then Displayport to Display port between...
  3. Issue with using Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with using Dual Monitors: Greetings all; I just installed 2nd monitor. Settings are EXTENDED. My cursor moves from main screen to second screen BUTTTT, when I attempt to move a window it does not appear on 2nd monitor. Assistance appreciated, TIA sonny...
  4. BSOD when using dual monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using dual monitors: PC specs: OS: WINDOWS 10 PRO 1909 BUILD 18363.836 CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 1300X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 DDR3 128bit MOB: GIGABYTE AB350M GAMING 3-CP PSU: TACENS RADIX IV-450W RAM: CORSAIR 16GB DDR4 1064.1 MHz MONITOR: BenQ GL2450 24" AOC U2879VF 28" HDD: SAMSUNG SSD 840 EV0...
  5. Using Dual Monitors on Windows 10

Using Dual Monitors on Windows 10: I am trying to get set up for home working. I have a Windows 10 laptop and two monitors that I want to work from, and be able to view different things side by side. The monitors are connected to the laptop via a HDMI splitter cable. The problem I am having is that when I...
  6. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  7. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  8. Using Dual monitors

Using Dual monitors: I have two monitors - one good graphics/images large screen that I like to keep with a plain background. The other I have had scrolling photos form the "Pictures" folder - they would be displayed several at a time and change periodically. Over night something happened ( a...
  9. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  10. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f