Windows 10: Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue

Discus and support Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 20H2 system has developed an audio problem - the sound becomes choppy and stuttering, sometimes unintelligible. On checking Device Manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeoffWhere_ID, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue

My Windows 20H2 system has developed an audio problem - the sound becomes choppy and stuttering, sometimes unintelligible.

On checking Device Manager, I found 2 HD Audio Drivers installed, one of which indicates a driver problem yellow triangle. I've tried uninstalling that device and restarting the PC but the problem does not go away.

The Intel Driver Support Assistant shows 2 Drivers installed:

1 Device ID:

[COLOR=rgba0, 60, 113, 1]HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1462D817&REV_1003\4&2F4D5061&0&0001[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 60, 113, 1]Driver Version 10.0.19041.264[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 60, 113, 1]2 Device ID:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 60, 113, 1]HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&2BE8EAA&0&0001[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 60, 113, 1]Driver Version 10.0.19041.264[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 60, 113, 1]Both Devices have Provider Microsoft and Date 5/9/2020[/COLOR]

How can this be fixed?

:)

GeoffWhere_ID, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue

IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let I pick up a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select HighDefinition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... This is important.) And click next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue

1. Dual High Definition Audio Drivers, Audio Clarity Issue - Similar Threads - Dual High Definition

2. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue: I am an chemical engineer and need to be able to use my laptop for meetings, making recordings, etc. I do not need to do anything fancy with my audio output or recording ability. Recently I have been having issues with my audio driver. Sometimes when I restart my laptop it...
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue: I am an chemical engineer and need to be able to use my laptop for meetings, making recordings, etc. I do not need to do anything fancy with my audio output or recording ability. Recently I have been having issues with my audio driver. Sometimes when I restart my laptop it...
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High definition audio drivers

High definition audio drivers: I was previously using the high definition audio drivers from windows but I wanted to try out realtek, after using realtek I wanted to switch back to my windows audio drivers but it disappeared and I can only find it in the Audio Inputs and outputs section on the device...
  6. "High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing

"High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing: Hello, I'm having trouble with my microphone not working, and I do believe that it is caused by not having the correct audio driver. I have a Dell with a reg model code of P69G. Also, when I have my Runmas headset plugged in, it does not show on my Sound Control panel as...
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: I have no sound on my pc, unable to reinstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio-driver/169252cf-69d0-4fa0-aecf-c430fc1e10de
  8. realtek high definition audio drivers

realtek high definition audio drivers: i have a windows 10 dell desktop computer 64 bit 8gig memory..my question is this ..the audio drivers are high definition drivers manufactured by Microsoft..i would like to replace them with realtek high definition audio drivers is this possible and if so how do i do it...
  9. High Definition Audio Controller has a driver issue.

High Definition Audio Controller has a driver issue.: I had this problem today. I played at one time some music from youtube. then after a few hours and a Graphics card update, my speakers don't work. They connect by a headphone jack. I went to devices and printers and it says it is a driver error. I get code 10. I uninstalled...
  10. Intel High Definition Audio Driver

Intel High Definition Audio Driver: When I press the volume keys on my keyboard there is no display indicating this, and there is no sound through the laptop or the headphones. When I clicked on the volume icon a window opened and automatically scanned for hardware changes, detecting that there had been none....