Windows 10: dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

Discus and support dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I can no longer burn dl discs. I am not sure how long this problem has been for me, but I found out about it when trying to make a disc for win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David M.McDonald, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

Hi,

I can no longer burn dl discs. I am not sure how long this problem has been
    for me, but I found out about it when trying to make a disc for win10 20h2.
    It appears to fail at the time when the process is starting to turn the
    corner to start the second layer.

I have 2 burners. A LG HL-DT-STBD-REWH14NS40 and a DVD burner that is listed
    in Device Manager as ATAPIiHAS224 B. I have tried both thinking that perhaps
    the first one had seen better days. Same results with the second burner. I
    used IMG burn with both of them. Then I tried using Roxio Creator with both,
    them I tried using the win10 built in burner. No joy. Thinking that I
    perhaps had a bad download,I redownloaded the MCT. Same problem. Then I
    tried a large file that I had and still the same problem.

Previously I have burned many dl discs with nary a problem

Am running Win10 20h2 fully updated with Windows defender only.

:)

David M.McDonald, Jan 20, 2021
  2. S-and-S Win User

How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

If you have a CD burner that can burn a dual layer CD, then you can burn a dual layer CD.

However, burning CDs is a legacy technology. Hardly anyone does that any more, and particularly dual-layer CDs, since there are few industry standards for dual layer discs. Today, people use USB flash drives, which are much less expensive and virtually effortless.

S-and-S, Jan 20, 2021
  3. PETERBD Win User
    burning discs windows 10

This is a crazy situation. I have spent the last four hours trying to burn photos onto a CD in Windows 10 Explorer, using the steps shown above. After clicking on "burn disc", for about two seconds I see a bar indicating rapid progress, followed by nothing!
    I finally tried a right mouse click and a menu comes up with "burn disc" on it. Lo and behold, after clicking on that, a CD is actually burned! Turns out that you don't need to "Share - Burn" just do the right click - but the first guy on this topic evidently
    couldn't even do that.

PETERBD, Jan 20, 2021
  4. dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

1. dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade - Similar Threads - dual layer discs

2. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???: Or even dual-even dual layer Blu Ray discsMagix movie Edit Pro 2020, Windows 10Yes MEP can create an IMAGE to go to a dl dvd but then that cant be put on a disc. I tried MEP to the disc it creates the files but when goes to the disc it spits it out after a minute into the...
  3. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???: Or even dual-even dual layer Blu Ray discsMagix movie Edit Pro 2020, Windows 10Yes MEP can create an IMAGE to go to a dl dvd but then that cant be put on a disc. I tried MEP to the disc it creates the files but when goes to the disc it spits it out after a minute into the...
  4. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to recordthe second layer of the discs. They failwhen I try to play them. I have...
  6. Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to recordthe second layer of the discs. They failwhen I try to play them. I have...
  7. Windows 10 Fails To Successfully Burn second layer of Dual Layer Blank Blu-ray Discs

Windows 10 Fails To Successfully Burn second layer of Dual Layer Blank Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfully burn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to record the second layer of the discs. They fail when I try to play them. I have...
  8. Dual-layer DVD recordable / rewritable discs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual-layer DVD recordable / rewritable discs?: It seems to be that in order to burn a DVD of the current Windows 10 release either "Win10_20H2_English_x64.iso" or the ISO that Media Creation Tool makes, you need to have a dual layer DVD blank disc. I looked at my local Fry's electronics they were out or they didnt even...
  9. Burning discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burning discs: what speed does windows 10 use to burn discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-discs/690a1e0e-c758-43ff-bacb-a2255bde58e7
  10. Disc burning

Disc burning: I can not get my HP laptop running windows 10 to recognised discs or burn them? I can play them on VLC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have looked on devices and printer. Had searched for it could not find. It is in device manager....