Windows 10: Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition

Discus and support Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my 500 GB drive for storage. Windows is asking to format the SSD buuuut it has the "System Reserved" with only 594 MB. So will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VatoTavo, Mar 1, 2019.

1. VatoTavo Win User

Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition

I'm trying to use my 500 GB drive for storage. Windows is asking to format the SSD buuuut it has the "System Reserved" with only 594 MB.

So will formatting the SDD get rid of the "System Reserved" and crash the computer and stop the computer from booting later? Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition 6ffd90bf-c423-4b3f-85e8-f21128eb1209?upload=true.jpg Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition 628d0002-5d5d-4b65-8956-998e92d7df45?upload=true.jpg

:)

VatoTavo, Mar 1, 2019

2. dual boot on m.2 ssd

i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with

core i5 6th gen

8 gb ddr4 ram

1 TB hdd 5400rpm.

currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions.

i am going to install a

860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD
    on this laptop and want to use this ssd as windows partition.

i want to install dual os both windows 7 and windows 10 on this ssd.

want to know is it possible? experts gives opinion and also microsoft.

thanks in advance.

MD ABIDALI, Mar 1, 2019
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with

core i5 6th gen

8 gb ddr4 ram

1 TB hdd 5400rpm.

currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions.

i am going to install a

860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD
    on this laptop and want to use this ssd as windows partition.

i want to install dual os both windows 7 and windows 10 on this ssd.

want to know is it possible? experts gives opinion and also microsoft.

thanks in advance.

MD ABIDALI, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition - Similar Threads - Dual SSD Need

2. ssd m.2 unable to format due to drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd m.2 unable to format due to drive is write protected: ssd is samsung 970 evoplus 1tbive done setting the registry editor to 0also cannot format the disk on disk management because it is greyed out.when i tried diskpart it shows like this..DISKPART> attributes diskCurrent Read-only State: YesRead-only: NoBoot Disk: NoPagefile...
  3. ssd m.2 unable to format due to drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd m.2 unable to format due to drive is write protected: ssd is samsung 970 evoplus 1tbive done setting the registry editor to 0also cannot format the disk on disk management because it is greyed out.when i tried diskpart it shows like this..DISKPART> attributes diskCurrent Read-only State: YesRead-only: NoBoot Disk: NoPagefile...
  4. ssd m.2 unable to format due to drive is write protected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Five Partitions on M.2 SSD for C: Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Five Partitions on M.2 SSD for C: Windows: I was wondering if I can shrink one volume with 541MB Healthy with the drive I on the same M.2 500 GB Drive for C: Windows. Look below: On the same drive with Windows C:\ there are five different partitions below: 260 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) (WINDOWS C:) 236.71 GB...
  6. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  7. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  8. M.2 SSD Partitioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M.2 SSD Partitioning: My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD, All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD. I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference. Now I have a new...
  9. dual boot on m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  10. dual boot on m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you run dual m.2 ssd

2. do i need to partition my m.2 to install os