Windows 10: Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors

Discus and support Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A couple months back I started using a second monitor with my Windows 10 laptop. I set the background to slideshow and the the fit to "Fit." I have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffCalhoun1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors

A couple months back I started using a second monitor with my Windows 10 laptop. I set the background to slideshow and the the fit to "Fit." I have it pointed at a folder with a couple hundred images. Almost all of them work perfectly, with separate images on each screen. But 2 of them span, so that the top of the image is on the "top" screen and the bottom of it is on the "bottom" screen.

:)

JeffCalhoun1, Feb 24, 2021

2. Dual Monitor Background Spanning Problems Windows 10 Pro

I have a folder with multiple images that cycle through my background on two monitors:

1 is a Dell 24" attached via DisplayPort

2 is a Wacom 24" Cintiq attached via DVI

I recently switch over the Dell 24" to a DisplayPort from DVI. The backgrounds are set to Fit (each monitor with its own image) and cycle every 10 minutes. Since the change in cable, every once in a while, the backgrounds will decide to Span both monitors
    instead of Fit. How can I stop this?

mgoulet427, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Dual Monitor Background Spanning Problems Windows 10 Pro

If you go to Settings :: Personalization :: Background, is it actually in Span mode or is still in Fit mode? I'm guessing that the actual problem is that the monitor isn't enumerating correctly and the desktop slideshow code is seeing only one monitor at
    that time, and thus displaying the same image on both monitors.

zachd [MSFT], Feb 24, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors [​IMG]

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors

1. Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Background

2. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC I have a dual monitor setup. I use a slideshow option for my background images and really like how it puts a different image on each monitor. However, sometimes an image comes up and half of it is on the left monitor and half is on the right monitor....
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC I have a dual monitor setup. I use a slideshow option for my background images and really like how it puts a different image on each monitor. However, sometimes an image comes up and half of it is on the left monitor and half is on the right monitor....
  4. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  6. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  7. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

8. Image on the Monitor

Image on the Monitor: The image on the monitor is "pinched" on the left & right by 1.5-2.0 inches. I need to fix this. How ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-the-monitor/e977edb7-0f35-48f3-8168-55ceceef33c0
  9. Span image across multiple monitors (bug report)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Span image across multiple monitors (bug report): Dunno if this is right place, anyway. It has been some weeks since some Windows 10 update has made my wallpaper span across monitors stop working. I was giving time in hope this would be quickly fixed. Anyone else having this issue? I have made sure the monitors are plugged...
  10. Dual monitor problems. Want same image ob both monitors!

Dual monitor problems. Want same image ob both monitors!: Hey all! So my PC decided to upgrade to Windows 10 while I was at work, even though I was sure I had turned it off! The only real problem with this is my desktop wallpaper! In Windows 7 I had the same image on both monitors, and the image would rotate every minute. So far,...