Windows 10: Dual Monitor Backgrounds

Discus and support Dual Monitor Backgrounds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new monitor and am currently using my old one as a second, vertical one. Is there a way I can pick a vertical background for my vertical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pankake99, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Dual Monitor Backgrounds

I just got a new monitor and am currently using my old one as a second, vertical one. Is there a way I can pick a vertical background for my vertical monitor, and a horizontal one for my horizontal monitor?

submitted by /u/Pankake99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pankake99, Aug 6, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Dual Monitor Backgrounds [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Kildja Win User
    Support For Different Backgrounds on Dual Monitors

Hello,

I have seen posts from a couple years ago with solutions that don't work on this topic, so I am re-posting this in the hopes that this is a suggestion that would benefit other Windows 10 Users besides me.

My PC has Windows 10 and because I like to bounce back and forth between things, I have dual monitors attached to my PC. This is all fine and dandy, except for one tiny Customization option that is missing - I wish I had the support to have differing backgrounds.
    In my particular case, I would like my Monitor 1 to have a picture/slideshow of a household pet or family pictures whereas I would like my Monitor 2 to have personal motivational quotes that I could change by pretty-fying (dunno if that's even a real word)
    the quote using the Paint program.

• Am I alone in thinking this would be a good feature for Microsoft to add in a future update?
    • What kind of different background options would you want to have on Windows 10?
    • Is there a way to do this that is easy enough for a non-programming casual PC gamer to understand and implement?
    • I bring this up only because I have seen some "Magic Fix" on a post from 2015 that I tried involving using the Windows Run
    • And it didn't work at all. Just took me back to the Background page under Settings -> Personalization

Kildja, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

Dual Monitor Backgrounds

Dual Display Backgrounds in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

a. Right click on the Empty screen.

b. Click on Display settings.

c. The process of setting up different wallpaper on a Windows 10 computer requires that the second monitor must be enabled in extended mode. Once you have dual or multiple monitors running in Extended Mode, you can set different wallpaper for different monitors
    on c computer running Windows 10.

d. Makeup your mind as to which wallpaper you wish to have on your second monitor and open Personalization’s Desktop Background tab and right click on the desired wallpaper to be set as background for the second monitor.

Note: When you right on the desktop background you will get an option to select the monitor to set the desktop background.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Dual Monitor Backgrounds

1. Dual Monitor Backgrounds - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Backgrounds

2. Dual monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor backgrounds: I have two computers with dual monitors. One is a desktop with one monitor connected to the DisplayPort and the other connected to HDMI. I am using the Windows slideshow for my desktop background on both, and the slide shows run separately and show a different image on each....
  3. Dual monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor backgrounds: I have two computers with dual monitors. One is a desktop with one monitor connected to the DisplayPort and the other connected to HDMI. I am using the Windows slideshow for my desktop background on both, and the slide shows run separately and show a different image on each....
  4. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  5. Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors

Help me to set different backgrounds for dual monitors: I can not set different backgrounds when I am using dual monitors. Can you help me to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-set-different-backgrounds-for-dual/f0fdf5dc-5b8c-4c27-9e01-4e49bec6a301
  6. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  7. Background + Lockscreen Software w/ Dual Monitor

Background + Lockscreen Software w/ Dual Monitor: Looking for way to have a daily slideshow synced between the lock screen & windows desktop on only monitor one. I used a program called Spotlight Desktop to sync my wallpaper with the daily windows spotlight lockscreen. This worked without issue for years on a single...
  8. Lock Screen Backgrounds/Additional Dual monitor Screensavers.

Lock Screen Backgrounds/Additional Dual monitor Screensavers.: *chuckle Whilst scouring the whole internet via Google search, I came across solutions for "Windows spotlight additional backgrounds" and additionally, I went looking for "Additional Screensaver downloads for Dual Screen use and installation". 1. Windows spotlight...
  9. Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10: I want both to be the same? Thanks for any input on this. Did a new install,can I still get Media Center? If so Where? Z 22711
  10. Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10: Hi All, If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way: Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows [img] Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select...