Windows 10: Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?

Discus and support Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The display settings provide setting scaling options individually per monitor. There's also an advanced setting option that provides a Custom Scaling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dukck, Apr 1, 2020.

1. /u/dukck Win User

Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?

The display settings provide setting scaling options individually per monitor. There's also an advanced setting option that provides a Custom Scaling option where you can enter a value between 100-500.

In my current setup the laptop monitor (1920x1080) scaling is set to 100 whereas the LCD TV (4096x2160) scaling is set to 350 which is the max.

With this, a bit of everything on the LCD TV is off the screen on all sides.

When I set the custom scaling option to a higher scaling factor, it applies to BOTH screens.

Question #1 is why, considering the way the stepped values work.

And #2 is whether there's a way to apply the custom scaling to only one of the screens.

submitted by /u/dukck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dukck, Apr 1, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Custom Scaling per monitor - Windows 10

Yes, as my previous post states.

Preset Scaling - Scales individual monitors BUT text is blurry in some applications example Control Panel.

Custom Scaling - No issues but this scales ALL monitors.

Jon Weston, Apr 1, 2020
  4. RedEagle3 Win User

Custom display scaling across multiple monitors?

Hello Greg,

I'm sorry I didn't read that correctly.

The native resolution for my main monitor is 1920x1080 with 140% scaling.

The native resolution for my second monitor is 1360x768 with 100% scaling.

Currently both monitors are set to there respective resolution but i'm unable to set custom scaling for only 1 monitor.

However with both monitors set to there resolutions, it sadly still does not fix the issue.

Sorry if I am still not understanding.

RedEagle3, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR? - Similar Threads - Dual monitor custom

2. Custom scaling per monitor 110% vrs 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom scaling per monitor 110% vrs 100%: On this new WIN 11 Dell G15 with 2560 display, I want to run the internal screen at 110% custom resolution, while my external 1920 display shall run at 100%. This as it seems isn't possible, which severely sucks. The 110% is perfect, and I DO NEED IT LIKE THAT, which leaves...
  3. Custom scaling per monitor 110% vrs 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom scaling per monitor 110% vrs 100%: On this new WIN 11 Dell G15 with 2560 display, I want to run the internal screen at 110% custom resolution, while my external 1920 display shall run at 100%. This as it seems isn't possible, which severely sucks. The 110% is perfect, and I DO NEED IT LIKE THAT, which leaves...
  4. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  5. Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?

Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?: I have dual monitors and one of them is high DPI so I would like to set it to 125% or 150% scaling. I'm able to set it in the regular Display settings menu, but I found that when I do it this way, text in Explorer looks very blurry. The only workaround I found for this was...
  6. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  7. Dual-monitor scaling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual-monitor scaling: Hi, everyone. I have a laptop+external monitor setup. I use 125% scaling for laptop display and 100% for external monitor. The problem is when I unplug monitor from laptop and later connect it, scaling factor for external monitor resets to laptop display value. So, every...
  8. Different Window scaling with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Window scaling with dual monitors: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex PC with primary monitor a Lenovo 24" 1920x1080. When I connect to my Samsung 55" 4K LED TV as a second Extended monitor, also @1920x1080 resolution, the wallpaper and icons scale perfectly. i.e. the 1920x1080 photo exactly fills...
  9. Self Custom Scaling per monitor - Windows 10

Self Custom Scaling per monitor - Windows 10: custom scaling seems work per monitor if scaled to 100%, 125% 150% 200%. When it comes to 124%, it can only apply to all monitors. What I want is 100% for the main monitor and 124% for the small extended monitor. Have you considered adding this new feature to the upcoming...
  10. How to Set Custom DPI Scaling For Dual Monitor

How to Set Custom DPI Scaling For Dual Monitor: Hello everyone. I want to set my first monitor's dpi scale to 134%. And second monitor to 100%. But I couldn't do it. So, windows only offers me 134% for all monitors or (100-125-150-175-200) for first monitor and (100-125-150-175-200)% for second monitor.(Only presets)...