Windows 10: Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Discus and support Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel_S23, May 20, 2020.

1. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I switch off monitor after laptop is asleep. After the wakeup I am able to see 2nd monitor desktop and taskbar with icons, but I cannot do any action on it. I cannot detect 2nd monitor. However, if I circle through display options and play with extended, duplicate, 1st, 2nd I am able to work on 2nd monitor if it's in duplicate mode or if I chose 2nd. Extended setup doesn't work and cannot be recovered. I tried to reset graphic driver with keys Ctrl+Shft+Win+B, I also adjusted all power options and device settings as suggested by some on your forum without any success. I have all drivers up-to-date. I do believe you have to answer this topic properly, because I do not like to reset computer almost after every wakeup to mend your lack of proper display management.

Please provide decent guidance here or should I switch to Mac instead?

:)

Daniel_S23, May 20, 2020
  2. AnnKing70 Win User

Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

Have been using dual display (Dual Smart Solution) for more than two years on Windows 10. Starting around 10 days ago, my major monitor (Monitor-1) would not wake up from sleep. It just blinks when I push the on button. When I unplug Monitor-1, Monitor-2
    would wake up and once I sign in there, Monitor-1 would wake up as I plug it in again. But now that does not even work so I can only work with Monitor-2. Please help, thanks.

AnnKing70, May 20, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

Hi Doug,

We'd like to ask for additional information about your concern to help us provide the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• Have you been experiencing this issue since you started using dual monitors?
    • Have you tried to test the second monitor on a different computer to verify if it shows the same behavior?
    • May we know how you've set up the Power Options?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, May 20, 2020
  4. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

To further troubleshoot the dual monitor issue, we suggest that you try the following workaround:

• Check the cable connection of your monitor. Try to test if the issue will still persist after using a different cable.
    • Change the Turn off the display time in the
      Power Options. We suggest selecting a longer timeframe from the drop-down menu and check if you will still encounter the issue.
    • If you are using a USB mouse and keyboard, you can also change its settings and see if it helps. To get started, open the
      Device Manager > locate the mouse/keyboard
      then click it to expand > right-click mouse/keyboard
      and click Properties > Select Power Management
      tab > add a check mark on Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Once you have tried all of these, let us know the end result.

Jennifer Cha, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

1. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Does

2. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  3. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps: I have an HP Power PC with an Ryzen 7 on Win 10 2004. I Recently purchased 2 matching LG monitors which work fine as a dual display setup when the PC is first started. If the pc goes into sleep sometimes only one monitor wakes again. It is not consistent which one will wake,...
  8. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  9. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  10. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...