Windows 10: Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

Discus and support Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Izzy [], Oct 1, 2018.

1. Izzy [] Win User

Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

Hello.
    I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV.
    The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not turned on the Samsung. The problem persist even when I turned on the power for the Samsung monitor, only now it happened to both.

But both monitors worked fine when I use either one as a single display.

I am using the HDMI port for the Acer and the DVI port for the Samsung, both with adapters to VGA cables from the monitors. The GPU is Zotac GTX 1050 Mini.
    Thank you in advance for hearing my problem.

:)

Izzy [], Oct 1, 2018
  2. hornirl Win User

15007 Upgrade and Dual Monitor Flickering/Dropping Out

15007 and my 2nd monitor (via NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card) is flickering periodically then dropping out (turning off judging by monitor on/off switch) for seconds, then turning back on again.

Didn't happen with 15002, just as soon as 15007 arrived via Insider Program Fast Track. I'm loath to rollback but of course it's final option.

Anyone else have similar issues or pointers/suggestions (also posted @ MS Insider Preview here)? Any help appreciated.

hornirl, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Oct 1, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off - Similar Threads - Dual monitor flickering

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  4. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  5. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 flickering/turning off secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 flickering/turning off secondary monitor: Hello,I tried to google this issue but all I got were posts from ~2018, and about vga.I have main monitor connected by display port and a new secondary monitor also connected by display port.Frequently both monitors flicker to black which is something I've heard a friend with...
  7. Windows 10 flickering/turning off secondary monitor

Windows 10 flickering/turning off secondary monitor: Hello,I tried to google this issue but all I got were posts from ~2018, and about vga.I have main monitor connected by display port and a new secondary monitor also connected by display port.Frequently both monitors flicker to black which is something I've heard a friend with...
  8. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  9. The second monitor flickers and turns off

The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  10. Dual Monitors flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors flashing on and off: I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 secondary monitor flickering

2. dual monitor flashing on and off

3. dual monitor blinking on and off

4. 2nd monitor flickering windows 10,
  5. dual monitor flickers on and off,
  6. why does one of my monitors flicker with my j5 create jcd543,
  7. brilliance 241b keeps turning off dual monitors,
  8. dual screen works for a few mins then flickers off,
  9. multiple monitor flickers on and off,
  10. 2nd monitor flickers on and off,
  11. acer monitor flashing on and off,