Windows 10: Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen

Discus and support Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer, the windows start to load on my second monitor, but then the monitor freezes and just my main monitor works. I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guilherme_Dias_2, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen

When I turn on my computer, the windows start to load on my second monitor, but then the monitor freezes and just my main monitor works.

I already checked my drivers, changed the config on the BIOS, but can't seem to make it work.

Btw, when I go to Settings -> System -> Display, I CAN see my monitor there, but can't change anything Can't make this my main monitor, change resolution, etc. and I also get the error: Display 1 isn't active. Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen 6cd5a9d0-bff7-47c3-8a48-75980a456de9?upload=true.png Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen 5a688b7d-cd43-4778-9512-582556900c1a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Guilherme_Dias_2, Apr 21, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen

1. Dual monitor freezes on Windows screen - Similar Threads - Dual monitor freezes

2. Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor: I have been having screen freeze issues when switching from dual monitor to single monitor to use my capture card. It seems that whenever I go from dual screen to single screen, the primary monitor will sometimes freeze. I can move my mouse but nothing is clickable. I have...
  3. Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor: I have been having screen freeze issues when switching from dual monitor to single monitor to use my capture card. It seems that whenever I go from dual screen to single screen, the primary monitor will sometimes freeze. I can move my mouse but nothing is clickable. I have...
  4. Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual monitor screen saver

Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  6. Windows 10 freezing with dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing with dual monitor setup: Hello,I have had a recurring issue for a few months now that is occurring on two different systems. As the title of this post describes, both monitors freeze up and don't allow for me to shutdown Windows 10 properly hold down the power button until the computer turns off....
  7. Lock screen on dual monitors

Lock screen on dual monitors: I can't get my lock screen to show on both monitors. When it's locked only one shows the lock screen and the other is pitch black. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-on-dual-monitors/643c270b-f196-4122-bbef-371a14643489
  8. Screen saver for dual monitors

Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  9. Dual Monitor Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Screen Lock: I have dual monitors set up that work fine; however, when I lock my screen then come back, everything I have open is piled up on the Primary monitor, and I have to move everything around again to where I had originally placed everything. It is time consuming and annoying. Is...
  10. screen saver on dual monitors

screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...