Windows 10: Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

Discus and support Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliverConlon, Nov 8, 2018.

1. OliverConlon Win User

Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube, the photos app, osu and much more the screens flicker on and off as if trying to change resolutions. Sometimes its so bad that they just stay black. Anyone know what the problem is?

:)

OliverConlon, Nov 8, 2018
  2. corvette65 Win User

Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Nov 8, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

dual monitors

Hello Kimberly,

Firstly, make sure that your graphic adapters supports two displays at one time. Ifyou're trying to setup dual monitor, I suggest that you check out this support article:
    Dual monitor setup in Windows 7.

Hope this information helps you, feel free to post back if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker - Similar Threads - Dual monitor full

2. screen saver on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...
  3. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I have Dell Inspiron 3059 all in one..Trying to connect a brand new Dell S2319NX to use for 2nd display through HDMI...its's working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/447cc414-259e-4218-871e-42220c07ffee
  4. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  5. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...
  6. dual monitors

dual monitors: for a couple of years I have run a dual monitor set up in windows 10 on my dell inspiron. after a visiting relative plugged in her lap top to do some work at my house the next time I booted up the 2cnd monitor is not recognized. I have uninstalled the graphics card and...
  7. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dual-monitors/ce136aab-628a-4fba-bad7-c70b481412b5
  8. how to make my second monitor full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make my second monitor full screen: I recently had a extra monitor set up one is perfect full screen no matter what I open but the second is not full screen ive tired everything and can get it to go to full screen it has black space on the left and right side about 3"...
  9. 15007 Upgrade and Dual Monitor Flickering/Dropping Out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    15007 Upgrade and Dual Monitor Flickering/Dropping Out: 15007 and my 2nd monitor (via NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card) is flickering periodically then dropping out (turning off judging by monitor on/off switch) for seconds, then turning back on again. Didn't happen with 15002, just as soon as 15007 arrived via Insider...
  10. Full Screen Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Full Screen Monitor Issue: Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com go this monitor, hooked it up to my laptop, wont output full screen, just a small portionLaptop is running at 1366 by 768, connected via hdmi 97522