Windows 10: Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

Discus and support Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliverConlon, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube, the photos app, osu and much more the screens flicker on and off as if trying to change resolutions. Sometimes its so bad that they just stay black. Anyone know what the problem is?

:)

OliverConlon, Nov 8, 2018

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Nov 8, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

dual monitors

Hello Kimberly,

Firstly, make sure that your graphic adapters supports two displays at one time. Ifyou're trying to setup dual monitor, I suggest that you check out this support article:
    Dual monitor setup in Windows 7.

Hope this information helps you, feel free to post back if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

1. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker - Similar Threads - Dual monitor full

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  4. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: As briefly explained in the title. When I am watching a youtube video on full screen on my second monitor and I exit out of the full screen. It automatically brings the whole browser to my main monitor. Kind of annoying but not doable. Hopefully, someone has a solution as I...
  6. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  7. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  8. Dual Monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty or what ever...
  9. Dual monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty (or what ever...
  10. Screen Flickering Issues Windows 10 Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Issues Windows 10 Dual Monitor: Hello, So I recently purchased a new 1070 Ti graphics card for my PC. I was able to install it without a hitch. I have installed every available windows driver and restarted my PC several times. The main issue is that when I get into certain screens in games, like being...