Windows 10: Dual monitor goes to desktop

Discus and support Dual monitor goes to desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a dual monitor setup but whenever I click anywhere on my secondary monitor, my primary monitor goes to the desktop even if there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IgotJinxed, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Dual monitor goes to desktop

Hello! I have a dual monitor setup but whenever I click anywhere on my secondary monitor, my primary monitor goes to the desktop even if there was a fullscreen app on it. How can I keep the fullscreen app playing while also using my secondary monitor?

submitted by /u/IgotJinxed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IgotJinxed, Jun 23, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor Boot

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.

2. A new Windows will open. From there, you can just simply switch monitor 1 to monitor 2.

3. Restart after applying all the changes on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Dual monitor goes to desktop

Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitor goes to desktop

1. Dual monitor goes to desktop - Similar Threads - Dual monitor goes

2. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor: Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background? I've...
  3. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  4. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue: I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but...
  5. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  6. Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black: Hi everyone; What is happening: I have 2 identical monitors on the Displayports, and the second screen randomly goes black between 1-30minutes for 0.5 - 3 seconds. I got a brand new windows 10 installation without any unnecessary programs. So there is no 3th party tools....
  7. Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809 (17763.437), 16GB RAM, AMD RADEON HD 6350 Video card; System has two VGA Monitors attached. WIth only one monitor, desktop configuration is stable - ie, appears the same after each boot. With TWO monitors, desktop configuration is unstable - ie,...
  8. Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable

Dual Monitor System Desktop Is Unstable: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809 (17763.437), 16GB RAM, AMD RADEON HD 6350 Video card; System has two VGA Monitors attached. WIth only one monitor, desktop configuration is stable - ie, appears the same after each boot. With TWO monitors, desktop configuration is unstable - ie,...
  9. How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors

How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors: I was set up with a new dual monitor system. Under my old system, when I had a remote desktop window on the main window and wanted to back to my tray on that monitor, I simply clicked somewhere in the left monitor and the main monitor showed my desktop with the tray again....
  10. Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop: Looking for some guidance on answering what is probably a basic question. I have a HP desktop with Windows 10. I use two monitors to extend the screen. Currently I'm using cords to connect the monitors to the desktop but want to go wireless. Researching the internet I've...