Windows 10: Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Discus and support Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VibrantSynergy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p).

The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago).

The connection for the main monitor (the 4K TV) is HDMI. And the connection for the second monitor is VGA.

Problem is when I connect the second (720p) monitor, I am shown an “out of range” error. To make things worse, the PC “extends the display” to the second “non-operational” screen, thus disallowing me to access the display settings even on the first monitor. It basically sends every additional screen I open over to the second “inactive display”. If I could at least get those to show up on the first monitor, I would presumably be able to make the necessary corrections to get them both working.

On the troubleshooting front, I did try lowering the resolution to 1024 x 768 on the graphics card and even did a VGA reboot through Windows to no avail. The only thing that did work (temporarily) is “uninstalling the graphics card”. This allows me to boot into Windows successfully just as long as I refrain from connecting the 4K TV to the graphics card. As soon I as do, it goes straight back displaying to the “out of range” error again.

BTW, I have done a “dual monitor” configuration before using the same 2 screens and the same graphics card before with no issues BUT for a different Win 10 Pro PC. When I did that, I didn’t see the “out of range” error even once. So, this is all new to me.
    I also read all the other posts on the forum with the similar (but unidentical) issues before posting this question.

Greatly appreciate your help.

PS: Managed to access the second monitor using the Windows button + P. But it still doesn't let me change the "adapter display" settings of the second monitor to something other than 3840 x 2160. When I do, I am told "The display panel is unable to change the display settings. You may not have appropriate administrative privileges to change these settings". As far as I'm aware, I have full administrative privileges for the PC.

:)

VibrantSynergy, Jan 22, 2019
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Jan 22, 2019
  3. LynxRD Win User
    2nd Monitor out of range

I have been using a 2nd monitor for a few months and out of no where my 2nd keeps displaying "out of range 60hz/67.4khz" (while also making my main laptop screen go black) every time i plug in my HDMI converter to VGA. Its a very old monitor that displays
    1366x768 (same as my laptop which I use it on). I have updated all my drivers and have search for a new windows update but it still displays the same thing. My display settings are the default refresh rate of 60hz and the default resolution of 1366x768.

If you have any suggestion on how to fix this please leave a comment. Thank you.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum]

LynxRD, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel

Original; Title: dual monitor problem

Have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 my dual monitor set up worked perfectly but now both screens are identical (duplicated) with everything exactly the same on both. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel at all
    and any help to solve this would be appreciated.

I have disconnected the 2nd monitor and tried most things suggested on the forums but no change is the result.

stevesutcliffe, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

1. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range" - Similar Threads - Dual monitor issue

2. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  3. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  4. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor out of range: I use a dual monitor, one connected through HDMI with a 1920x1080 resolution and the other through a vga to displayport adapter, with a 1366x768 resolution.A few weeks back my adapter for the 2nd monitor stopped working so I bought a new one, the problem is that when I...
  6. Second monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor "out of range": Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of range". I'm using a VGA to HDMI conversion cable. The monitor says "no signal" when the cable isn't connected. I've already...
  7. "Out of range" Monitor

"Out of range" Monitor: Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor LG 27MK60TM-B with my ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH55, the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers,...
  8. Second monitor 'out of range'

Second monitor 'out of range': Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'. More information: The...
  9. TV/Monitor Out Of Range

TV/Monitor Out Of Range: One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for years until one day for whatever reason through right click I selected Display Settings and set something (I don't remember what...
  10. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10: I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd monitor screen. I have read many posts but most of he posts are several years old. Will purchasing a new HDMI monitor solve the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2nd monitor out of range windows 10

2. dual monitor out of range

3. dual monitor out of range primary display on second monitor

4. dual monitor out of range windows 10,
  5. second monitor is out of range,
  6. 2nd monitor out of range 67.4kHz,
  7. second monitor out of range ,
  8. unable to extend the display to second screen - out of range,
  9. out of range second monitor