Windows 10: Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen

Discus and support Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have hooked up a monitor to my laptop with an HDMI cord, gone to control panel, display, selected extend the display and applied. I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tommy Smith_023, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen

I have hooked up a monitor to my laptop with an HDMI cord, gone to control panel, display, selected extend the display and applied. I can see the windows logo on the monitor and the mouse works on both but I can't drag an open file or document to the second screen.

:)

Tommy Smith_023, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen

1. Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Issue

2. Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup: Recently I went from a single monitor to a dual monitor setup. For the most part things are going fine however something that I have been noticing occurring is that every so often my main display will go black for a few seconds and then come back, and this has been happening...
  3. [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.: I just installed a new (used) GPU and now cannot move mouse to second screen. Titan X GTX 12GB card. Monitors same make and model. ( Worked fine on prior GPU ) Second monitor has taskbar but no desktop icons. If I open programs that previously had panes on each monitor they...
  4. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  5. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  6. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  7. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen: Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks. submitted by /u/PovilasC [link]...
  8. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  9. Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black: Hi everyone; What is happening: I have 2 identical monitors on the Displayports, and the second screen randomly goes black between 1-30minutes for 0.5 - 3 seconds. I got a brand new windows 10 installation without any unnecessary programs. So there is no 3th party tools....
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...