Windows 10: Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

Discus and support Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not a noob...but currently really confused and feeling pretty dumb I have had a dual monitor setup for years with no issues. My primary monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

I am not a noob...but currently really confused and feeling pretty dumb
    I have had a dual monitor setup for years with no issues. My primary monitor is an HP. I have a Samsung as a second monitor for watching videos/ music while working.

All of a sudden my icons started appearing on the right monitor- Samsung. Also games that normally started on the left monitor...primary....started on the right monitor.

Here is how I have it set up on display in Windows Settings

HP monitor is primary and Samsung Secondary (in windows it identifies the left monitor as 1 and Samsung as 2)

On Nvidia Control Panel I have the HP as primary monitor. This is just really weird that I can't fix it.

:)

pittguy578, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

1. Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor issues

2. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  3. Help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with dual monitors: [ATTACH] So I have my laptop connected to a larger external monitor and i'm wondering how I can make my number 1 monitor smaller without changing scale or resolution,, thanks!...
  4. Dual Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Issues: Hi! I Was recently trying to switch the monitors left one to be the right and right one to be the left and I managed to do that from the settings. However, during this process, a third one appeared for some reason; I only have two monitors connected. I finished up my work for...
  5. Dual Monitor Issue - Please Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Issue - Please Help!: I'm starting a new job working from home soon. I want dual monitors. I have an HP monitor/tower desktop setup. But also just bought a new HP laptop and want to use it as a dual screen. The desktop monitor uses HDMI to CPU. I ordered a 15 pin VGI cable with an HDMI because...
  6. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  7. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  8. Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help: I am not a noob...but currently really confused and feeling pretty dumb I have had a dual monitor setup for years with no issues. My primary monitor is an HP. I have a Samsung as a second monitor for watching videos/ music while working. All of a sudden my icons started...
  9. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor issue: Hi Guys, My computer just had the most recent update and its caused me a problem with my 2nd monitor. My main monitor is connected via HDMI and my 2nd is via DVI cable both to my graphics card. Since the update the screen still displays in its native 1920 x 1080 but the...
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...