Windows 10: Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

Discus and support Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am not a noob...but currently really confused and feeling pretty dumb I have had a dual monitor setup for years with no issues. My primary monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pittguy578, Sep 7, 2018.

1. pittguy578 Win User

Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

I am not a noob...but currently really confused and feeling pretty dumb
    I have had a dual monitor setup for years with no issues. My primary monitor is an HP. I have a Samsung as a second monitor for watching videos/ music while working.

All of a sudden my icons started appearing on the right monitor- Samsung. Also games that normally started on the left monitor...primary....started on the right monitor.

Here is how I have it set up on display in Windows Settings

HP monitor is primary and Samsung Secondary (in windows it identifies the left monitor as 1 and Samsung as 2)

On Nvidia Control Panel I have the HP as primary monitor. This is just really weird that I can't fix it.

:)

pittguy578, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor issues

2. Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issues all of a sudden-Help: I am not a noob...but currently really confused and feeling pretty dumb I have had a dual monitor setup for years with no issues. My primary monitor is an HP. I have a Samsung as a second monitor for watching videos/ music while working. All of a sudden my icons started...
  3. Dual Monitor question/help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor question/help: I'm new here (not even sure this question should be in this forum) and new to windows 10. Not a fan as I have sensitive eyes. My issue is - I use 2 monitors at work. I don't want anything on my second monitor until I put it there. The picture of my dog is on both and that's...
  4. Need help with dual monitors

Need help with dual monitors: Hello. I cannot get a dual monitor setup to work for the life of me. I've made a LITTLE progress though by tweaking the BIOS to load from the Mobo VGA port first on boot, but now the second monitor just stays lit up with the windows 10 logo and nothing else, while the first...
  5. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon 3000 card on Windows 10 42857
  6. dual monitors lines issue

dual monitors lines issue: i updated to windows 10 and seeminly have some graphics driver issues. i get these strange lines when i move stuff around etc. window to show what happens. tried rolling back drivers and updating to new nvidia beta drivers but no change. video included shows the issue....
  7. Dual monitor issue

Dual monitor issue: Hi Guys, My computer just had the most recent update and its caused me a problem with my 2nd monitor. My main monitor is connected via HDMI and my 2nd is via DVI cable both to my graphics card. Since the update the screen still displays in its native 1920 x 1080 but the...
  8. Dual Monitor issue

Dual Monitor issue: Ok. Have always run at least dual monitors on all my systems. Had no problem with the Dell Monitor(VGA) I gave my buddy for his lappie. I have the HDMI port, and wanted to use a 19" TV to play WoW on of course...lol Hooks up fine, have no trouble spanning the desktop...
  9. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: I'm having issues with my Dual monitor set up and not sure if it has anything to do with the ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card. I've gone to AMD support to download the the latest driver for Win10 and keep getting message stating ( We are unable to find a driver for your system)....
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...