Windows 10: Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen)

Discus and support Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, We have multiple dual monitor setups at my office, all on completely different hardware (desktops and surfaces). Most users suffer from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayUk82, Jul 23, 2019.

1. JayUk82 Win User

Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen)

Hi,

We have multiple dual monitor setups at my office, all on completely different hardware (desktops and surfaces).

Most users suffer from an intermittent bug where an empty grey bar (sometimes can be black) appears across the top of the main monitor which is completely unusable - in fact, the most annoying thing is it renders the very top of the windows unusable so you can't minimise/close anything.

The only way to remedy the bug seems to be a restart or to reset the graphics card driver (Win+Ctrl+Shift+B) but then it can appear again at any time.

There seem to be many mentions of this bug online, but I can't find any solution.

Anyone? *Sick

:)

JayUk82, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Setup dual monitor in Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to press Windows Key + P on keyboard and follow onscreen instruction to setup dual monitor in Windows 10. As there is a conflict in connecting multiple hardware you may also
    Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen) - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Issues

2. Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Issue: On a dual monitor setup, I cannot move my mouse from one screen to another. However, I can partially drag a window to the other screen. Another computer is able to use both monitors without any issue. I tried using DisplayPort and HDMI. I have tried different cables. I have...
  3. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  4. Dual Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Issues: Hi! I Was recently trying to switch the monitors left one to be the right and right one to be the left and I managed to do that from the settings. However, during this process, a third one appeared for some reason; I only have two monitors connected. I finished up my work for...
  5. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  6. Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen): Hi, We have multiple dual monitor setups at my office, all on completely different hardware (desktops and surfaces). Most users suffer from an intermittent bug where an empty grey bar (sometimes can be black) appears across the top of the main monitor which is completely...
  7. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  8. Dual monitor issue

Dual monitor issue: Hi Guys, My computer just had the most recent update and its caused me a problem with my 2nd monitor. My main monitor is connected via HDMI and my 2nd is via DVI cable both to my graphics card. Since the update the screen still displays in its native 1920 x 1080 but the...
  9. Dual Monitor issue

Dual Monitor issue: Ok. Have always run at least dual monitors on all my systems. Had no problem with the Dell Monitor(VGA) I gave my buddy for his lappie. I have the HDMI port, and wanted to use a 19" TV to play WoW on of course...lol Hooks up fine, have no trouble spanning the desktop...
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...