Windows 10: Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black

Discus and support Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Heya. i have been using my dual monitor setup for years without issues but today when i updated to windows 10 october 2020 build everything went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marcus Carlsson86, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black

Heya.

i have been using my dual monitor setup for years without issues but today when i updated to windows 10 october 2020 build everything went south.

Problem is that with 2 monitors connected it takes no more then 1-5 minutes before they both crash.
    left monitor might show purple screen and the right monitor orange, sometimes blue,green or black.

when i right click the desktop to enter monitorsettings its all sluggish when opening up. then after a few seconds the monitors go green/blue/red/purple and the only solution is a reboot.

when im using 1 monitor everything is fine and dandy but as soon as i connect my second one after this update it crashes within 5 minutes.

im using a GTX 1080 TI and have tried connecting different monitors to it, all the same results so its not the monitors, and when using them solo in the GPU ports they work so its not a faulty port/card/monitor issue, its strictly software related .

anyone had similar issues?

//Marcus.

:)

Marcus Carlsson86, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Hopachi Win User

LLX-Purple

Better in full saturation spectrum order:
    red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, magenta, red.

Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black [​IMG]

Hopachi, Dec 21, 2020
  3. harrymc Win User
    Windows non-Blue Screens of Death... Green and Orange?

Many BSODs are listed in the article
    Purple, Brown, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green Screen of Death explained.

Purple Screen of Death

Mainly seen when the VMkernel of an ESX/ESXi host experiences a critical error,
    becomes inoperative and terminates any virtual machines that are running.
    Requires reboot using the power button.

Brown Screen of Death

Mostly associated with game-plays, linked mainly to graphics.
    Usually arrives when a PC game forces CPU and memory to run at speeds higher than
    their official speed grade (over-clocking).

Yellow Screen of Death

Happened usually with Firefox accompanied by a weird buzzing sound, after an XML.
    Probably does not exist any more.

Red Screen of Death

Mostly indicates issues related to the graphics driver and the corresponding
    applications, caused usually by installing wrong drivers or by software conflicts
    on boot.

Orange Screen of Death

Usually indicates fatal hardware errors and has many causes such as
    watching a video, when booting into Windows, waking up from Sleep, BitLocker,
    or when adding a second monitor

Green Screen of Death

Intended for Windows Insiders testing for upcoming Windows 10 test builds,
    to make it easier for Microsoft support staff to differentiate between errors
    in test builds and in production.

As Microsoft staff are not infallible, sometimes colored BSODs happen not
    according to the above purpose.

harrymc, Dec 21, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black

Desktop display is green, grey and purple

Hello Karen,

There may be several reasons why your desktop display is showing green, grey, and purple. To assist you better with your desktop display concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Have you installed any updates prior to this happening?
    • What is the current version of your Windows 10? To check, type winver and press
      Enter on Cortana search.
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black

1. Dual monitor issues purple,green,orange,black - Similar Threads - Dual monitor issues

2. Bright greens and purple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bright greens and purple: Just plugged in my daughters pc , Windows ten , she can’t use it as the colours are too bright . Cannot put it back to normal colours . How do I do this f, frustrating as my daughter can’t use it ....
  3. Bright greens and purple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bright greens and purple: Just plugged in my daughters pc , Windows ten , she can’t use it as the colours are too bright . Cannot put it back to normal colours . How do I do this f, frustrating as my daughter can’t use it ....
  4. Bright greens and purple

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Green and Purple Video Playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green and Purple Video Playback: Hello all,I am having an issue with video playback, any videos I play have a green and purple overlay. I updated my drivers and nothing changed. All online videos on browsers are working fine, only offline videos or captures have this weird overlay. I changed...
  6. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  7. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  8. GREEN DOT AND ORANGE DOT

in Windows 10 Customization
    GREEN DOT AND ORANGE DOT: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREEN DOT AND YELLOW ON THE BOTTOM LEFT CONER OF A FOLDER ON DESK TOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-dot-and-orange-dot/b3899991-b7be-48a5-bffb-24adbbb597dd
  9. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...