Windows 10: Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive

Discus and support Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, i have following problem i would like to fix. First my scenario. I use Windows 10 OS with 2 monitors. My primary monitor is turned on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by fumungus, Jan 8, 2019.

1. fumungus Win User

Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive

Hello,

i have following problem i would like to fix.

First my scenario.

I use Windows 10 OS with 2 monitors.
    My primary monitor is turned on and my second monitor is turned off.
    I programmed a application that starts other applications and moves them to the second monitor (which is turned off all the time). The reason for that is that my application reads color values of the other applications which need to be visible for that. But i don't want them on my primary monitor where i work. That is the scenario and it works flawless.

Now to my problem
    Sometimes i want to turn off my primary monitor too (going afk for few hours and want to save power), but the color reading should still go on at the secondary monitor. When i come back and turn the primary monitor back on the applications that should be located on the second monitor are fully maximized on my primary monitor.

I guess it has something to do with power management, but i could not fix the problem.
    Would love to hear some wisdom from the experts here.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

fumungus, Jan 8, 2019

2. dual monitors

Hi David,

About your concern to set which monitor is primary or secondary, follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Click System > On the right panel, select
      Display.
    • Under Customize your display, drag the box that has number
      on it depending on how you want to position it.
    • Click Apply > Hit Detect to make sure which Monitor is the primary.
    • Close Settings.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system

Hello, I can't find any information about this one so here it goes.

My Windows 10 is a dual monitor system and I don't get this problem when both monitors are enabled but when I game I disable the secondary display and then on the primary display the Start menu will lose transparency. It makes me sad. Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive :(

I have installed color profiles for both displays and set them as primary profile for each one. I have also calibrated the color of both displays.

Primary display is AOC 2460 connected with DVI-D

Secondary display is Acer G246HL Connected with HDMI

Graphics card is Nvidia Gerforce 1050 TI 4GB and it has latest drivers

Operating system is Windows 10 Pro v. 1803 (OS-build 17.134.228)

Steps to reproduce:

• On dual monitor system disable secondary monitor
    • Open Start menu and transparency will be lost
    Additional information:

CPU overclocked with multiplier but was at Stock settings when OS was installed

GPU overclocked with Asus GPU Tweak II

snowman666, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive

Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive

1. Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor keeping

2. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor: I am using windows 10 and dual monitors. How can I have all system icons e.g., clock, notification center, etc on my secondary monitor? It used to be possible but now I can't choose where to have the icons or move them manually....
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor: I am using windows 10 and dual monitors. How can I have all system icons e.g., clock, notification center, etc on my secondary monitor? It used to be possible but now I can't choose where to have the icons or move them manually....
  4. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Secondary monitor turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary monitor turning off while gaming: Hello. I got a second monitor today,a cheap one just so i can manage spotify,OBS and watch Twitch chat while streaming. The problem is the secondary monitor keeps turning off when i'm In-game... I tried everything making the secondary one my main one still turns off when i...
  6. Dual Monitor Saved Files on Desktop to Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Saved Files on Desktop to Secondary Monitor: Hey guys, I always have programs like Photoshop and others open on the Main Monitor and its really annoying to minimize the programs to open stuff on the desktop. I want them to be saved automatically to the secondary monitor. I tried Fences but it's really a clunky program...
  7. Secondary monitor's resolution distorts when the tertiary monitor is turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary monitor's resolution distorts when the tertiary monitor is turned off: The issue: The other day, I forget why/how, but my secondary monitor (on the right) has begun changing its resolution when the TV above my setup is turned off. It's weird, to say the least. imgur.com/a/qI9NQCP Note that this monitor is 1440x900, and that is the maximum...
  8. Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor keeping secondary monitor(turned off) active/alive: Hello, i have following problem i would like to fix. First my scenario. I use Windows 10 OS with 2 monitors. My primary monitor is turned on and my second monitor is turned off. I programmed a application that starts other applications and moves them to the second...
  9. Secondary monitor display turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor display turns off automatically: I have a Dell laptop with 2 extra monitors. Everything has worked fine for a couple years and noticed about a month ago, I will be working along and everything looks up for about a second and my extra 2 displays go dark and anything on them has moved over to my laptop...
  10. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...