Windows 10: dual monitor not working after latest update

Discus and support dual monitor not working after latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guido Busuttil, Aug 5, 2020.

1. dual monitor not working after latest update

my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update

:)

Guido Busuttil, Aug 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Dual monitors not working after update

after windows update cannot use dual monitors. Detect monitors will not work and right clicking on screen will not allow resolution button to show

Cynthia Sl, Aug 5, 2020
  4. dual monitor not working after latest update

Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

So yesterday windows 10 decided to do a big update, the one where it reinstalls the os.

Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that my 2 monitor setup stopped working. It was set as "duplicate" where monitor 2 was the main display and 1 was the secondary.

In DISPLAY SETTINGS I tried to set it back to duplicate or extend or show only on 1 (it shows only on 2) bit with no success:

It looks loke windows is doing that and it pops up the regular "do you want to keep settings or revert" thingy, but it actually just leaves monitor 2 as the only display.

Also, the "make this my main diaplay" is grayed out.

I tried installing new latest nvidia deiver using DDU, rolling back to older driver, nothing changed. Only thing helping is plugging out the cable of one of the diaplays. Then i can get the one that i want to work and exchange if I want by plugging out
    the other cable. What now???

add
    edit
    report_problem

Posted 12 hours ago
    dual monitor not working after latest update 2c65fabc-78a2-4a5a-8972-3521a7f499f5.jpg

AviAssayag, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

dual monitor not working after latest update

1. dual monitor not working after latest update - Similar Threads - dual monitor working

2. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  3. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  4. Dual Monitor stopped working after latest update KB4549951.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor stopped working after latest update KB4549951.: I have windows 10 running on a Lenovo G50. My computer updated and installed the latest update April 14, 2020—KB4549951 OS Builds 18362.778 and 18363.778. When I switched on my computer this morning the computer wont detect my second screen. I have tried changing the HDMI...
  5. Dual monitors not working

Dual monitors not working: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am trying to set up dual monitors to help me work from home. One is a new monitor bought last week, and connects via HDMI. The other is an older Acer monitor on a VGA cable, which I have bought and HDMI adapter to connect both monitors to the...
  6. dual monitors not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitors not working: just bought a new dell inspirion all in one desktop and a new dell monitor the desktop has USB and HDMI ports only the monitor has a display port only I got a cable that has hdmi on 1 end and display port on the other end plugged it in computer doesn't see the...
  7. Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update

Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update: Hi, I've been woking with 2 monitors (DVI and HDMI connections) for several years. I've been working on Windows 10 as well as Ubuntu 18.04 and I've never had any problem with this. After a Windows 10 update, one of my monitors - the HDMI one - stop working. The power led is...
  8. Dual monitors will not work

Dual monitors will not work: I downloaded Windows 10 version 1903 and now my Dual monitors will not work with laptop monitor. I have disabled the display adapter - AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics and I then can get my dual monitors working BUT there is a black screen on my laptop. It will not detect...
  9. Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update: So yesterday windows 10 decided to do a big update, the one where it reinstalls the os. Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that my 2 monitor setup stopped working. It was set as "duplicate" where monitor 2 was the main display and 1 was the secondary. In DISPLAY...
  10. Dual Monitors not working with update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors not working with update: i was previously on windows 8.1 and i had my dual monitors working just fine, after i upgraded to windows 10 my second monitor (wired with hdmi) doesnt work but the one with Dvi does 7651