Windows 10: Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been woking with 2 monitors (DVI and HDMI connections) for several years. I've been working on Windows 10 as well as Ubuntu 18.04 and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MadMax77, Sep 22, 2019.

1. MadMax77 Win User

Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update

Hi,

I've been woking with 2 monitors (DVI and HDMI connections) for several years. I've been working on Windows 10 as well as Ubuntu 18.04 and I've never had any problem with this. After a Windows 10 update, one of my monitors - the HDMI one - stop working. The power led is blinking but it doesn't work on Windows 10. It continues working perfectly on Ubuntu.

If I go to the Windows display settings panel and click on detect, it isn't able to detect my HDMI-connected monitor.

I've installed the Intel(R) Graphics control panel and I've been able to detect my second monitor. It works perfectly now, but when the system shut down/restart/sleep, when it turns on again, my HDMI-connected monitor doesn't work and I have to go to the Intel(R) Graphics control panel to set it up again.

Any idea what's going on?

btw, my controler is Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

:)

MadMax77, Sep 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update

Dual monitors will not work

I downloaded Windows 10 version 1903 and now my Dual monitors will not work with laptop monitor.

I have disabled the display adapter - AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics and I then can get my dual monitors working BUT there is a black screen on my laptop.

It will not detect the laptop screen.

I would like to have all three so I can choose.

Any suggestions??

Smartie881, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update

1. Dual monitor not working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Dual monitor working

2. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  3. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  4. dual monitor not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor not working after latest update: my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-not-working-after-latest-update/07c08b35-2ee3-4f46-844d-eafd39803c43
  5. Dual monitors not working

Dual monitors not working: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am trying to set up dual monitors to help me work from home. One is a new monitor bought last week, and connects via HDMI. The other is an older Acer monitor on a VGA cable, which I have bought and HDMI adapter to connect both monitors to the...
  6. dual monitors not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitors not working: just bought a new dell inspirion all in one desktop and a new dell monitor the desktop has USB and HDMI ports only the monitor has a display port only I got a cable that has hdmi on 1 end and display port on the other end plugged it in computer doesn't see the...
  7. Dual Monitors Not working after Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Dual Monitors Not working after Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: my 2nd monitor is not detected after windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-not-working-after-windows-10-pro/7ac992c4-bc23-4738-81f2-4358bdd32e14
  8. Dual monitors will not work

Dual monitors will not work: I downloaded Windows 10 version 1903 and now my Dual monitors will not work with laptop monitor. I have disabled the display adapter - AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics and I then can get my dual monitors working BUT there is a black screen on my laptop. It will not detect...
  9. Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update: So yesterday windows 10 decided to do a big update, the one where it reinstalls the os. Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that my 2 monitor setup stopped working. It was set as "duplicate" where monitor 2 was the main display and 1 was the secondary. In DISPLAY...
  10. Dual Monitors not working with update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors not working with update: i was previously on windows 8.1 and i had my dual monitors working just fine, after i upgraded to windows 10 my second monitor (wired with hdmi) doesnt work but the one with Dvi does 7651

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitor hdmi working not vga not working

2. monitors not working after windows 10 update