Windows 10: Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake

Discus and support Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay Reddit... I have no where else to go! I have dual monitors, running off a 1660 super via DP. I keep my computer running but I set my monitors to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elemenotic, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake

Okay Reddit... I have no where else to go! I have dual monitors, running off a 1660 super via DP. I keep my computer running but I set my monitors to sleep after x-min. Something keeps my 2nd monitor from sleeping properly, a phantom signal keeps the monitor on but doesn't display anything.

Also, on wake, all open windows are grouped to primary display.

I've spent countless hrs sifting through the interwebs and forums, I've also gone as far as sitting through multiple hr windows tech sessions, only to be told they have no idea how to help. Can someone point me in the right direction, if an external link please make sure it's a solution. It drives me insane that Microsoft can't help or rather, none of their techs can help!

Thanks all

submitted by /u/elemenotic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elemenotic, Feb 15, 2021
  2. sbh7600 Win User
    sbh7600, Feb 15, 2021
  3. charliejj Win User
    Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

I have an HP Power PC with an Ryzen 7 on Win 10 2004.

I Recently purchased 2 matching LG monitors which work fine as a dual display setup when the PC is first started. If the pc goes into sleep sometimes only one monitor wakes again. It is not consistent which one will wake, but I would like both to awake.
    The only way I have found to get them both to work again is to restart the whole machine. This sometimes results in the loss of information if I had things open when it went to sleep.

Both monitors have their sleep settings set to off.

Thanks

charliejj, Feb 15, 2021
  4. David K. Win User

Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake

Only the primary monitor doesn't wake from sleep

When I wake my computer from sleep, the ASUS VG248QE primary monitor will not wake up. It only wakes up after I unplug its power, remove/replug the display port cable, and then reinsert the power cable.

David K., Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake

1. Dual monitor, one doesn't sleep, open windows group to primary on wake - Similar Threads - Dual monitor doesn't

2. Windows revert to Primary monitor on wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows revert to Primary monitor on wake up from sleep.: My PC has an ASUS H81M-plus motherboard. I was running two monitors on extended desktop through the built in Intel graphics via HDMI and display port OK until last week, when the HDMI output failed. I got myself a cheap PCIe x16 graphics card - a GeForce GT 520 (although it...
  3. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  4. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  7. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  9. After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...

in Windows 10 Support
    After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...: This is a fairly new Dell Inspiron 3780 and a screenshot of my power options are attached. When I touch a key after I've been away for a while, the keyboard lights up and MOST of the time the display comes back. But randomly, the display stays black, forcing me to power...
  10. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...