Windows 10: Dual monitor options not showing.

Discus and support Dual monitor options not showing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by renehasegawa, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Dual monitor options not showing.

Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both displays work - but it shows the same screen on both monitors.When I open Display settings, I do not have the 'multiple display' option, and when I try to detect a new monitor, it won't let me. I've done a backroll of the driver update, updated all optional updates, restarted my PC, unplugged and re-plugged the HDMIs, and I still can't extend my screens. Please help. I've done the WIN+P thing too, and it still won't work.

:)

renehasegawa, Dec 4, 2021

2. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2021
  3. extreme Win User
    Dual monitors on Windows 10

I can't get dual monitors to even show in control panel--is there some prerequisite step or setting I need to take before getting to the step discussed here?

Thanks,

--Al--

extreme, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Dual monitor options not showing.

Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

Hi Doug,

We'd like to ask for additional information about your concern to help us provide the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• Have you been experiencing this issue since you started using dual monitors?
    • Have you tried to test the second monitor on a different computer to verify if it shows the same behavior?
    • May we know how you've set up the Power Options?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Dual monitor options not showing.

1. Dual monitor options not showing. - Similar Threads - Dual monitor options

2. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  3. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  4. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual monitor option keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor option keeps changing: I have a small windows laptop hooked up through an HDMI adapter to an overhead projector. Our display settings are set to Duplicate Monitors but sometimes, without warning the laptop resets the selected settings and only displays the second monitor making the laptop screen go...
  6. Dual monitor option keeps changing

Dual monitor option keeps changing: I have a small windows laptop hooked up through an HDMI adapter to an overhead projector. Our display settings are set to Duplicate Monitors but sometimes, without warning the laptop resets the selected settings and only displays the second monitor making the laptop screen go...
  7. Dual monitor option keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  9. Dual monitor options not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor options not showing.: Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both displays work - but it shows the same screen on both monitors.When I open Display settings, I do not have the 'multiple display'...
  10. Dual monitor options not showing.

Dual monitor options not showing.: Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both displays work - but it shows the same screen on both monitors.When I open Display settings, I do not have the 'multiple display'...